| André Hoffmann |
(billionaire, businessman, deep politician?)
|Born||May 31, 1958|
|Alma mater||St. Gallen School of Economics, INSEAD|
|Parents|| • Daria Hoffmann-Razumovsky|
• Luc Hoffmann
|Member of||Chatham House/Governors, Club of Rome, WEF/Board of Trustees|
|Interests|| • Big Pharma|
• stakeholder capitalism
|Relatives|| • Fritz Hoffmann-La Roche|
• Vera Michalski
• Maja Hoffmann
Multi-billionaire big pharma and environmental conservation activist, Bilderberg, World Economic Forum Board of Trustees
André Hoffmann is a multi-billionaire Swiss businessman and heir and Vice Chairman of the pharmaceutical giant Roche . He sits at the Board of Trustees of the deep state think tanks World Economic Forum and Chatham House.
He was International Vice-President of the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) from 2007 to 2017, and has been active in many similar conservation initiatives.
In June 2020 he wrote about how the Great Reset would be implemented:
Unlike previous recent disease outbreaks, COVID-19 has spurred unprecedented state intervention, with governments worldwide developing and implementing comprehensive recovery strategies. This provides a golden opportunity to entrench environmental protection and restoration in our economic systems.
Two principles should shape recovery strategies. First, stimulus alone is not enough; better environmental regulations, conceived with the active participation of business and investors, are also crucial. Second, public spending should be allocated in ways that support a better balance between the health of societies, economies, and the environment. This means investing in green industries, especially those that move us closer to a circular economy.
He is the great-grandson of Fritz Hoffmann-La Roche who founded the drug company Roche Holding in 1896.
Born on 31 May 1958 in Basel, Switzerland, André Hoffmann is the son of Daria Hoffmann-Razumovsky and Luc Hoffmann, co-founder the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) in 1961,, member of the 1001 Club
He studied economics at the University of St. Gallen, and holds an MBA from INSEAD, completed in 1990.
As of November 2020, his estimated net worth is US$5.71 billion
He is Honorary Chair of the Global Footprint Network, which has developed the concept of the Overshoot Day, the day of the year when "humanity has exhausted nature's budget for the year".
“Thirty years ago, the fact that our consumption patterns were endangering nature and, by extension, our human system, was always discounted rather quickly,” Hoffmann stated 2021 interview. “But today the realization that nature is indispensable to life on Earth and that we will not survive very long if a natural system becomes dysfunctional, has become mainstream."
"We need to slightly change the approach we have to nature. Nature is not a 'nice to have'. It’s a 'must-have.' Because it’s a must-have, we need to protect it."
In 2021, he declared that he would stop funding individual conservation projects, stating that the wealthy donating money into charitable activity is senseless as a long-term strategy. “The traditional form of philanthropy has failed.” He and his children would continue to support projects, Hoffmann said. However, these must be based on a business model that ensures survival. “The success of a project must not depend on the donor.”
Hoffmann is (selection):
- World Economic Forum, Cologny-Geneva, Switzerland, Member of the Board of Trustees
- Honorary Chair, Global Footprint Network
- A member of the Club of Rome
- Vice-Chairman of the Board at the Venture Foundation
- Chairman of the Board of the Capitals Coalition Board
- A member of The Royal Institute of International Affairs and Senior Adviser at Chatham House, its think tank
- Since 2010, he has been president of the MAVA Foundation, a major foundation in the field of nature preservation/
- HGIBS Hoffmann Global Institute for Business and Society, Fontainebleau, France, Founder; Chairman of the Advisory Board
- Givaudan Foundation, Vernier, Switzerland, President of the Board of Trustees
- Paul Sacher Stiftung, Basel, Switzerland, Member of the Board
- Peace Parks Foundation, Stellenbosch, South Africa, Member of the Board
- Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Trust, Oxford, United Kingdom, Member of the Board of Trustees
Events Participated in
|Bilderberg/2019||30 May 2019||2 June 2019||Switzerland|
|The 67th Bilderberg Meeting|
|WEF/Annual Meeting/2004||21 January 2004||25 January 2004||World Economic Forum|
|2069 billionaires, CEOs and their politicians and "civil society" leaders met under the slogan Partnering for Prosperity and Security. "We have the people who matter," said World Economic Forum Co-Chief Executive Officer José María Figueres.|
|WEF/Annual Meeting/2011||26 January 2011||30 January 2011||World Economic Forum|
|2230 guests in Davos|
|WEF/Annual Meeting/2012||25 January 2012||29 January 2012||World Economic Forum|
|2113 guests in Davos|
|WEF/Annual Meeting/2013||23 January 2013||27 January 2013||World Economic Forum|
|2500 mostly unelected leaders met to discuss "leading through adversity"|
|WEF/Annual Meeting/2014||22 January 2014||25 January 2014||World Economic Forum|
|2604 guests in Davos considered "Reshaping The World"|
|WEF/Annual Meeting/2016||20 January 2016||23 January 2016||World Economic Forum|
|Attended by a lot of people, both leaders and followers|
|WEF/Annual Meeting/2017||17 January 2017||20 January 2017||World Economic Forum|
|2951 known participants|
|WEF/Annual Meeting/2020||21 January 2020||24 January 2020||World Economic Forum|
|This mega-summit of the world's ruling class and their political and media appendages happens every year, but 2020 was special, as the continuous corporate media coverage of COVID-19 started more or less from one day to the next on 20/21 January 2020, coinciding with the start of the meeting.|
- ↑ https://www.bloomberg.com/billionaires/profiles/andre-s-hoffmann/
- ↑ https://wwf.panda.org/wwf_news/press_releases/?335794
- ↑ https://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/green-covid19-recovery-strategies-by-andre-hoffmann-2020-06
- ↑ http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/aug/01/luc-hoffmann-obituary
- ↑ https://www.handelszeitung.ch/panorama/andre-hoffmann
- ↑ https://www.lefigaro.fr/arts-expositions/2016/07/23/03015-20160723ARTFIG00055-luc-hoffmann-une-vie-dediee-a-la-nature.php
- ↑ https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/esp_sociopol_blacknobil12.htm
- ↑ a b https://www.wsj.com/market-data/quotes/RHHVF/company-people/executive-profile/78422652
- ↑ https://www.ft.com/content/0f34ce6c-5d1f-11e5-9846-de406ccb37f2
- ↑ https://www.bloomberg.com/billionaires/profiles/andre-s-hoffmann/
- ↑ a b https://news.mongabay.com/2021/04/nature-is-not-a-nice-to-have-its-a-must-have-qa-with-andre-hoffmann/
- ↑ https://news.in-24.com/news/220799.html
- ↑ https://www.clubofrome.org/member/hoffmann-andre/
- ↑ https://www.marketscreener.com/business-leaders/Andre-S-Hoffmann-06897N-E/biography/
- ↑ https://naturalcapitalcoalition.org/supervisory-board-recruitment/
- ↑ https://www.chathamhouse.org/about-us/our-people/andre-hoffmann