Uzi Arad, former head of the Institute for Policy and Strategy (IPS) at the Lauder School of Government, Diplomacy and Strategy of the Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya, established and chaired the Annual Herzliya Conference Series on Israel’s Balance of National Security until 2009.
8th Conference 2008
The 8th Herzliya Conference 'On the Balance of Israel's National Security', took place in January 2008 with the opening ceremonies being held at the Knesset in Jerusalem. The conference was run by the Lauder School of Government Diplomacy and Strategy and the Institute for Policy and Strategy and was held in cooperation with the Adelson Institute for Strategic Studies (which is part of the Shalem Center). Cooperation and staff were also provided by the Zionist Council of Israel..
- “As ISIS sinks, what rises in its place is an alliance presently forming in front of our eyes: Iran, Hezbollah, and Assad (Syria). I call it ‘Hezbollastan’, a much stronger entity that is a strategic threat to Israel."
Moscow, said Gilead, had taken a “strategic decision to support this alignment". He warned against a potential future war on Israel’s northern borders led by Hezbollastan and financially backed by the Kremlin.
See Neocon Europe Herzliya Conference
- "The Annual Herzliya Conference Series"
- "Professor Uzi Arad", Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya, accessed 2 February 2009.
- The Annual Herzliya Conference Series: on the Balance of Israel's National Security (2008) "8th Conference Conclusions" Accessed 12th August 2008
- "IPS Herzliya Conference"
- "10 things we learned from Israel's Herzliya Conference on security"