| Patrick Clawson |
|Born||March 30, 1951|
|Alma mater||Oberlin College, The New School for Social Research|
Zionist academic who suggested that the United States should consider the use of "crisis initiation" as a way to provoke Iran into war.
Patrick Lyell Clawson is an American economist and Middle East scholar. He is currently the Director for Research at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy and senior editor of Middle East Quarterly.
In September 2012, Clawson suggested that the United States should consider the use of "crisis initiation" as a way to provoke Iran into war:
|"How to start a war with Iran" - He explains, that in order for the United States getting into a war, there needs to be the initiation of a crisis; basically acknowledging a number of false flag attacks, or provocations that lead to war, in the last 150 years.|
“One can combine other means of pressure with sanctions. I mentioned that explosion on August 17th. We could step up the pressure. I mean look people, Iranian submarines periodically go down, some day one of them might not come up, who would know why? We can do a variety of things if we wish to increase the pressure... We are in the game of using covert means against the Iranians. We could get nastier.”
Patrick Clawson (September 2012) 
Born in Alexandria, Virginia, Clawson graduated with a B.A. from Oberlin College in 1973 and earned a Ph.D. from The New School for Social Research in 1978.
He taught at Seton Hall University from 1979 to 1981 and served as a senior economist for the International Monetary Fund from 1981 until 1985, when he took a position as a senior economist with the World Bank.
Clawson has published many articles on the Middle East in Foreign Affairs, International Economy, Orbis, Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics and Middle East Journal. He has additionally published opinion pieces in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Washington Post. Clawson was co-convenor of the Presidential Study Group organized by the zionist The Washington Institute. The group published its recommendations to the new Bush administration in the form of a monograph, Navigating Through Turbulence: America and the Middle East in a New Century, published by The Washington Institute in 2001.
- ↑ Lobbyist Says Israel Should Create A 'False Flag' To Start A War With Iran Geoffrey Ingersoll and Michael Kelley (26 September 2012) saved at Archive.org saved at Archive.is
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6LKmhDRWFc saved at Archive.is
- ↑ https://www.corbettreport.com/false-flags-over-iran saved at Archive.org and Archive.is
- ↑ http://www.businessinsider.com/top-researcher-suggests-israel-get-nastier-with-iran-sink-sub-illicit-false-flag-2012-9 Business Insider
- ↑ https://www.intelligencesquaredus.org/speaker/patrick-clawson/
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20170428112419/http://ssi.armywarcollege.edu/pubs/people.cfm?authorID=520