|Founder||• Paul Richards|
• Liam Byrne
• Derek Draper
Progressive Britain, formerly known as Progress that was founded in 1996 to support the New Labour leadership of Tony Blair, is an independent organisation of Labour Party members, which aims to promote "radical and progressive politics for the 21st century."
Progress merged with Policy Network in May 2021 to form Progressive Britain.
Progressive Britain organises conferences and other events, and provides training and mentoring for likeminded candidates seeking selection as Labour MPs.
Progressive Britain is chaired by Alison McGovern MP with an elected strategy board representing members, Labour councillors and parliamentarians.
As of November 2009, Progress was chaired by Stephen Twigg and vice chairs were Rt Hon Andy Burnham MP, secretary of state for culture, media & sport; Chris Leslie, director, New Local Government Network; Rt Hon Ed Miliband MP, secretary of state for energy & climate change; Baroness Delyth Morgan; and Meg Munn MP. Progress’ honorary president was Alan Milburn, the former secretary of state for health and MP for Darlington.
- Alan Milburn - President
- Stephen Twigg - Chair
- Andy Burnham - Vice Chair (Home Office Minister)
- Robert Philpot – Director
- Ed Miliband MP for Doncaster North
- Meg Munn - minister for women and equalities
- Delyth Morgan - former chief executive of Breakthrough Breast Cancer charity
- Jennifer Gerber – Deputy Director
- Tony Robinson
- Mark Day – Publications Officer
- Tom Brooks Pollock - Events and Office Manager
- Wes Streeting – Administrative Assistant
In 2008 Progress organised a joint meeting with Compass (Liverpool: Winning a fourth term: what’s the road to victory? A debate about the future of the Labour party 04 July 2008 18:00 to 19:30). Speakers included Rt Hon Andy Burnham MP, Secretary of State for Culture, Media & Sport, Stephen Twigg, Chair of Progress and PPC for Liverpool West Derby, John Harris of the Guardian, Willie Sullivan vice chair of Compass and Louise Ellman MP (chair).
- Website: progress.squareeye.com
- Website: www.progressives.org.uk
- Website: www.progressonline.org.uk
Employees on Wikispooks
|Richard Angell||Director||November 2014|
|Alison McGovern||Chair||October 2015|
|Document:Progress MP joins Unite's unwaged section for GenSec vote||blog post||7 April 2017||Joining Unite in order to participate in the General Secretary ballot is legitimate and some are known to have done so to support Len McCluskey. However, making a false declaration in order to do so ‘on the cheap’ is certainly not legitimate and such applications need to be rooted out and their votes invalidated.|
- ↑ "Progress Chair and Vice-chairs"
- ↑ Progress About Us, accessed 1 November 2009
- ↑ Progress 'Liverpool: Winning a fourth term: what’s the road to victory? A debate about the future of the Labour party held jointly by Progress and Compass' 04 July 2008 18:00 to 19:30, accessed 1 November 2009