| Judge Sheppard-Jones |
|Alma mater||King's College London, Nottingham Law School|
British barrister with considerable experience in cases of complex and lengthy fraud, people trafficking, exploitation, drugs, firearms, serious violence and serious sexual crime.
As a Criminal Defence Barrister from 2007 to 2016, Victoria Sheppard-Jones acted both as junior alone and led junior. She had considerable experience in cases of complex and lengthy fraud, people trafficking, exploitation, drugs, firearms, serious violence and serious sexual crime.
She was also instructed in relation to regulatory matters. In 2014 She spent six months working on a highly sensitive investigation into banking money laundering regulations in the Middle East.
She also accepted instructions from the General Dental Council.
Cases of note
- 2015. Leeds CC. R v Ul Haq. Led junior for the first defendant in a people trafficking and exploitation case.
- 2015. Basildon CC. R v McLaughlin. Led junior for the first defendant in the Tilbury Docks people trafficking case. Due for re trial in May 2016.
- 2015. Newcastle CC. R v Jones. Junior alone. Secured an acquittal for a man of good character accused of rape.
- 2015. Preston CC. R v Ahmed. Junior alone. Defendant deemed unfit to plead in relation to allegations of kidnap and rape. Acted for the defendant in the trial of issue. Acts not proved.
- 2014. Isleworth CC. R v X. Junior alone. Secured the acquittal of a youth of good character accused of gang rape.
- 2014. R v Guclu. Led junior at the Central Criminal Court in a high profile case representing a solicitor indicted for breaches of immigration law.
- 2014. Birmingham CC. R v Beatty. Led junior in a three month VAT fraud. Defendant acquitted.
- 2013. Warwick CC. R v Booth. Led Junior in a three month fraud and perverting trial.