| Gerard Batten |
London, United Kingdom
|Party||UK Independence Party|
Former Leader of the United Kingdom Independence Party
- In his one-minute speech during Strasbourg plenary, Gerard Batten (UK, IN/DEM) told how Alexander Litvinenko, a former Lieutenant Colonel in the FSB, the successor to the KGB, and currently living under political asylum in the UK, was informed by FSB deputy chief, General Anatole Trofimov of the high amount of communist activity operating in Italy. With reference to the KGB, Litvinenko was told, “Romano Prodi is our man there”.
|Assange is subject to "legalised kidnap"|
On 24 February 2011, RT interviewed Gerard Batten about the issuing of a European Arrest Warrant against Julian Assange. Batten said he was firmly opposed the use of such a warrant calling it "legalised kidnap".
Exposing the Bilderberg Group
|Why don't the corporate media report on Bilderberg meetings?|
“Thank you, Mr. President. The [European] Commission have recently replied to my written question confirming that Commissioners [Joaquin] Almunia and [Neelie] Kroes attended the Bilderberg meeting in St. Moritz in June. The Commission cannot tell me details of what was discussed, but that surely the Bilderberg meetings do not take decisions.
If Bilderberg meetings are just talking shops, why do the most powerful figures from around the world, including George Osborne, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, bother to attend? What other summit of world leaders in politics, finance and business would go completely unreported in the mainstream media such as the BBC?
It’s impossible not to reach the conclusion that the non-reporting of these events is anything other than a conspiracy between the [Bilderberg] organisers and the media. It merely confirms the belief of many that the hidden agenda and purpose of the Bilderberg Group is to bring about undemocratic world government. It’s a disgrace that the European Commission is colluding in that.”
Gerard Batten (12 September 2011) 
- Member, Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs
- Substitute, Committee on Legal Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Security and Defence
- Substitute, Committee on Foreign Affairs
Event Participated in
|CounterJihad/Brussels Conference||18 October 2007||19 October 2007|
- "UKIP confirms Gerard Batten as new leader"
- "Prodi accused of being former Soviet agent", EU Reporter, 3 April 2006, via the Internet Archive.
- Scores arrested in anti-Islam protest in Belgium, Agence France Presse, 11 September 2007.
- "CounterJihad Brussels 2007 Conference", accessed 18 February 2007.
- "Julian Assange is subject to 'legalised kidnap'"