| Jiří Pehe |
|Born||August 26, 1955|
Rokycany, Czechoslovakia (Now Czech Republic)
|Alma mater||Charles University in Prague|
|Member of||European Council on Foreign Relations|
Czech presidential advisor who attended the 2001 Bilderberg. Formerly worked for Freedom House and Radio Free Europe.
Jiří Pehe is a Czech writer and presidential advisor. During his years of exile he worked for CIA-close organizations, before moving back to Czechia and becoming an advisor to President Václav Havel.
Pehe attended the 2001 Bilderberg meeting, and the neoconservative 2007 Democracy & Security International Conference. He is a member of the George Soros financed group European Council on Foreign Relations, and a former board member of the Open Society Fund.
Pehe was born in Rokycany (West Bohemia), Czechoslovakia. He studied law and philosophy at the Charles University in Prague, where he received his doctorate in 1980. In September 1981 he fled Czechoslovakia to Italy viaYugoslavia.
After a brief stay in a refugee camp near Rome, he emigrated to the United States with his wife and resided in New York City. There he was granted political asylum. Until 1983 he worked as a night watchman in a hotel.  He attended the School of International Affairs at Columbia University in New York and received his doctorate in 1985. From 1985 to 1988 he worked for Freedom House and wrote, among other things, articles for the New York Times .
From August 1988 he worked as an analyst for the research institute of Radio Free Europe in Munich. In November 1989 he became head of the department for research and analysis of Central European issues. After Radio Free Europe moved its headquarters from Munich to Prague in 1995, he moved back to the Czech Republic. From 1995 to 1997 he worked as Director of the Research and Analysis Department at the Open Media Research Institute in Prague.  From 1997 to 1999 he was Director of the Political Department of the Chancellery of Czech President Václav Haveland later he worked until 2003 as a presidential advisor on foreign policy issues.
From2005 to 2008, he was a board member of the Open Society Fund. Since 2007, he has been a member of the board of trustees of the Trust for Civil Society in Central Europe, an American foundation. In 2011, together with Vít Klepárnik and Bohuslav Sobotka, he was one of the founders of the think tank CESTA Center for Social-Market Economy and Open Democracy.
Pehe wrote numerous publications, essays and treatises that have been published worldwide. He published several books, including three novels.
Jiří Pehe has been Director of New York University in Prague since 1999.   He is a member of the International Forum for Democratic Studies Research Council As a political observer and analyst, he comments on current political developments and world affairs for Czech television and radio as well as for international media. 
Events Participated in
|Bilderberg/2001||24 May 2001||27 May 2001||Sweden|
|The 49th Bilderberg, in Sweden. Reported on the WWW.|
|Democracy & Security International Conference||5 June 2007||6 June 2007||Czech Republic|
|The "Neoconservative International" that reports it was intested in "building a world of free and democratic states"|
- ↑ a b c d e https://web.archive.org/web/20131202223236/http://www.ncsml.org/Oral-History/All-Interviews/20120105/189/Pehe-Jir.aspx
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20131203002934/http://www.ned.org/research/research-council/jiri-pehe
- ↑ a b c d e f http://www.pragerzeitung.cz/index.php/home/politik/16480-klaus-ist-tschechiens-geschicktester-politiker
- ↑ a b c d https://web.archive.org/web/20131203002934/http://www.ned.org/research/research-council/jiri-pehe
- ↑ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/666520.stm
- ↑ http://www.berliner-zeitung.de/archiv/vaclav-klaus-und-milos-zeman-einigen-sich-auf-ein-regierungsbuendnis---oppositionsparteien-befuerchten-wahlrechtsaenderung-parteienvertrag-veraendert-politische-landschaft-tschechiens,10810590,9452734.html
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20141111085555/http://www.centrum-cesta.cz/files/o-ceste/poradni-vybor/pehe-zivotopis.pdf
- ↑ http://www.nyu.edu/global/global-academic-centers/prague.html
- ↑ http://www.rferl.org/content/interview_pehe_on_havel/24425904.html
- ↑ http://orf.at/stories/2203934/2203251/
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20131203010336/http://www.eurotopics.net/de/home/presseschau/archiv/results/?search=1&where=all&smallsearch=1&searchwords=Ji%C5%99%C3%AD+Pehe