| Matthew Gould |
Matthew Gould is the first Jew to have been appointed British Ambassador to Israel (2010 to 2015) and the first CEO of NHSX, which has developed a controversial contact tracking app to monitor the spread of COVID-19. The NHSX app uses a centralised approach, in contrast to the Google / Apple contact tracing project.
Craig Murray has written:
- "Serious questions have to be asked about why the UK government has developed its own unique app, universally criticised for its permanent central data collection and ability to identify individuals from their unique codes. That this is overseen by NHSX CEO Matthew Gould who held all those secret meetings with Liam Fox and Adam Werritty, including with Mossad, frankly stinks."
Craig Murray, former Ambassador to Uzbekistan, argued that British policy was being driven in an underhanded fashion by the Israel lobby and linked Matthew Gould with the 2011 Fox-Werritty scandal. Murray wrote to Gould asking when he first met Adam Werritty, how many times he had met him, and how many communications of every kind had passed between them. He was told these questions would be answered in Cabinet Secretary Gus O'Donnell’s investigation, but objected that "Gus O’Donnell’s report answered none of these questions".
According to Murray:
- "I turned to an independent-minded MP, Jeremy Corbyn, who put down a parliamentary question to William Hague. The reply quite deliberately ignored almost all of Corbyn’s question, but it did throw up an extraordinary bit of information – yet another meeting between Fox, Werritty and Gould, which had not been previously admitted."
Hague replied to Corbyn:
- “Our ambassador to Israel was also invited by the former Defence Secretary to a private social engagement in summer 2010 at which Adam Werritty was present.”
In charge of cyber security
In November 2015, Matthew Gould was appointed Director of the Office of Cyber Security & Information Assurance.
|Document:Civil Liberty Vanishes||blog post||6 May 2020||Craig Murray||"Serious questions have to be asked about why the UK government has developed its own unique app, universally criticised for its permanent central data collection and ability to identify individuals from their unique codes. That this is overseen by NHSX CEO Matthew Gould who held all those secret meetings with Liam Fox and Adam Werritty, including with Mossad, frankly stinks."|
|Document:Matthew Gould and the Plot to Attack Iran||webpage||14 November 2011||Craig Murray|
|Document:Why the NHS Covid-19 contact tracing app failed||Article||19 June 2020||Matt Burgess||On 18 June 2020, Matt Hancock announced that the planned centralised NHS Covid-19 contact tracing app, which has been trialled on the Isle of Wight and downloaded by tens of thousands of people, has been ditched in favour of a decentralised system developed by Google and Apple.|
- “You cannot do this job without being a passionate Zionist,” Mr Gould said on a visit to the Jewish Telegraph’s Manchester office
- "NHSX working on coronavirus contact tracking app"
- "App stores approve UK contact-tracing app for test"
- Document:Civil Liberty Vanishes
- "Matthew Gould: The missing link in ‘rogue’ UK foreign policy?"
- "Matthew Gould and the Plot to Attack Iran"
- "Look Who’s in Charge of UK Government Cyber Security"