| Steve Hilton |
(Academic, Special Adviser, Broadcaster)
|Alma mater||Christ's Hospital, New College (Oxford)|
|Member of||British-American Project, Notting Hill Set|
British political adviser, member of the Notting Hill Set
Steve Hilton (born 25 August 1969) is a British political adviser and commentator. He is a former director of strategy for David Cameron, who was Prime Minister and leader of the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom from 2010 to 2016.
The Next Revolution
Hilton hosts The Next Revolution, a weekly show for the Fox News Channel which debuted on 4 June 2017. He is a proponent of what he calls "positive populism".
Steve Hilton spent a year as a visiting scholar at Stanford University's Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies. In 2013 he co-founded the political data technology startup Crowdpac, which ceased operations in June 2019, and is a visiting scholar at the think tank Policy Exchange.
Critic of Theresa May
On 5 June 2017, Steve Hilton tweeted:
- "Theresa May responsible for security failures of London Bridge, Manchester, Westminster Bridge. Should be resigning not seeking re-election."
|Leader of the Conservative Party||“All Tory leaders have surrounded themselves with an inner circle, which has given them ballast and in certain important respects defined their leadership. John Major had a winning fondness for palpable fakes, like Jeffrey Archer and David Mellor; Margaret Thatcher liked hirsute North London entrepreneurs with a ‘can-do’ attitude and heavy jewellery. Michael Howard’s chosen milieu is constructed of dapper, well-spoken men and women, many of whom live within walking distance of one another in west London. Cameron is unmistakably the leader of these Notting Hill Tories, but others include Michael Howard’s political secretary Rachel Whetstone, his speechwriter Ed Vaizey, marketing expert Steve Hilton, policy man Nick Boles, along with the newspaper columnists Edward Heathcoat Amory and his wife Alice Thomson.”||Peter Oborne||19 June 2004|
- ↑ "Steve Hilton: The unseen author of David Cameron's bid for No 10"
- ↑ "FOX News Channel to debut 'The Next Revolution with Steve Hilton' in May"
- ↑ "Fox News's Steve Hilton is a Strong Believer in 'Positive Populism'"
- ↑ "'Positive Populism' — Fox's Newest Host Talks Trump, Immigration And Terrorism"
- ↑ "Top British Advisor Joins Stanford"
- ↑ "Steve Hilton discusses his new book More Human in conversation with Charles Moore"
- ↑ "Theresa May must resign over 'security failures' that led to recent terror attacks, says David Cameron's former policy guru"
- ↑ "Critic of Theresa May"
Wikipedia is not affiliated with Wikispooks. Original page source here