| Jacob Rothschild |
|Born||Nathaniel Charles Jacob Rothschild|
|Alma mater||Eton College, Christ Church (Oxford)|
|Parents|| • Victor Rothschild|
• Barbara Judith Hutchinson
|Children|| • Hannah Mary|
• Beth Matilda
• Emily "Emmy" Magda
• Nathaniel Philip Rothschild
|Spouse||Serena Mary Dunn|
|Founder of||Inter-Alpha Group of Banks|
|Member of||Future Of Russia Foundation, Rothschild family|
|Interests|| • Art|
• Marina Abramović
British investment banker and a member of the Rothschild family.
Nathaniel Charles Jacob Rothschild (4th Baron Rothschild) is a British investment banker and a member of the Rothschild family.
In August 2016, he announced that the world is seeing the "greatest monetary policy experiment in history".
He is Honorary President of the Institute for Jewish Policy Research.
Born in 1936, he is the eldest son of Victor Rothschild, 3rd Baron Rothschild by his first wife Barbara Judith Rothschild (née Hutchinson). His father was born into a Jewish family, while his mother converted to Orthodox Judaism when they married. Rothschild was educated at Eton College and then at Christ Church (Oxford), where he gained a First in history, tutored by Hugh Trevor-Roper.
From 1963 Rothschild worked for the family bank N M Rothschild & Sons in London, before resigning in 1980 due to a family dispute. The chairmanship of the bank had passed from his father, who had chosen to follow a scientific career and had lost control of the majority voting shares to his cousin Evelyn Robert de Rothschild, and Jacob felt that his aspirations would be thwarted. He sold his minority stake in the bank, but took independent control of Rothschild Investment Trust (now RIT Capital Partners plc), an investment trust listed on the London Stock Exchange.
After resigning from the bank in 1980, Jacob Rothschild went on to found J. Rothschild Assurance Group (now St. James's Place plc) with Sir Mark Weinberg in 1991. In 1989, he joined forces with Sir James Goldsmith and Kerry Packer, in an unsuccessful bid for British American Tobacco.
Rothschild is Chairman of RIT Capital Partners plc, one of the largest investment trusts quoted on the London Stock Exchange with a net asset value of about £2 billion. He is Chairman of J Rothschild Capital Management, a subsidiary of RIT Capital Partners plc. He is also a Member of the Council for the Duchy of Cornwall for HRH The Prince of Wales and a member of the International Advisory Board of the Blackstone Group. He also retains many other venture capital and property interests.
From November 2003 until his retirement in 2008, he was Deputy Chairman of BSkyB Television and until 2008 he was a Director of RHJ International.
In 2003 Rothschild came under scrutiny when Russian oil industrialist Mikhail Khodorkovsky's shares in YUKOS passed to him under a deal they concluded prior to Khodorkovsky's arrest.
In November 2010, an undisclosed entity affiliated with Rothschild purchased a 5.0% equity interest in Genie Energy, a subsidiary of IDT Corporation, for $10.0 million. In 2013, Genie Energy was granted exclusive oil and gas exploration rights to a 153-square mile radius in the southern part of the Golan Heights.
From his headquarters in St James's Place in London, Jacob Rothschild has cultivated an influential set of clients, business associates and friends who have extended his interests far beyond the normal scope of a banker. He was a close personal friend of Diana, Princess of Wales and maintains strong personal and business links with Henry Kissinger.
His country estate has been a regular venue for visiting heads of state including Presidents Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton. Margaret Thatcher received French President François Mitterrand there at a summit in 1990. He hosted the European Economic Round Table conference in 2002, attended by such figures as James Wolfensohn, former president of the World Bank, Nicky Oppenheimer, Warren Buffett and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
|Document:Rothschilds Caught Rigging The US Presidential Election||Article||30 September 2016||'SatyaRaj'||Whether it's Clinton or Trump, the Rothschilds are the real winners!|
- ↑ "World seeing ‘greatest monetary policy experiment in history’"
- ↑ http://www.jpr.org.uk/about/governance.php
- ↑ Perry, Roland (1994). The fifth man. Sidgwick & Jackson. p. 48. ISBN 0283062169.
- ↑ Rose, Kenneth (2003). Elusive Rothschild: the Life of Victor, Third Baron. London: Weidenfeld & Nicolson. ISBN 0-297-81229-7
- ↑ http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_gx5202/is_2000/ai_n19122975
- ↑ "J Rothschild Capital Management Limited: Private Company Information". Bloomberg Businessweek. New York, NY: Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20070822173207/http://www.duchyofcornwall.org/managementandfinances_structure_princescouncil.htm
- ↑ http://www.blackstone.com/cps/rde/xchg/bxcom/hs/firm_leadership_advisoryboard.htm
- ↑ http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2003/nov/03/citynews.rupertmurdoch
- ↑ http://www.rhji.com/01/MyDocuments/AGM_Notice_Sept_08_EN.pdf#page=2
- ↑ Arrested oil tycoon passed shares to banker, The Washington Times, 2 November 2003. Accessed 27 July 2010.
- ↑ http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3064683.stm
- ↑ Preliminary information statement of Genie Energy Ltd, Jerusalem Post. 22 November 2010. Accessed 12 February 2011
- ↑ http://www.businessinsider.com/israel-grants-golan-heights-oil-license-2013-2
- ↑ http://archive.today/2020.04.13-123456/https://www.instagram.com/p/B5qG63bFwLk/
- ↑ http://archive.today/2022.09.18-235810/https://www.rareddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/hqihg5/marina_abramovic_with_jacob_rothschild_standing/
- ↑ http://www.scotsman.com/