| Paul Mason |
(Journalist, broadcaster, Propagandist)
|Born||23 January 1960|
Leigh, England, UK
|Alma mater||University of Sheffield|
English writer and broadcaster
Paul Mason is an English writer and broadcaster on economics and social justice issues. He was Culture and Digital Editor of Channel 4 News, becoming the programme's Economics Editor on 1 June 2014, a post he formerly held on BBC2's Newsnight programme.
On 31 July 2016, Paul Mason published a 5,000-word article "Labour: The Way Ahead" detailing his thoughts on Labour strategy post-24 September 2016, the date when the result of the leadership contest between Jeremy Corbyn and Owen Smith is scheduled to be announced.
Paul Mason is the author of a number of books, the latest published in July 2015 being "PostCapitalism: A Guide to our Future".
- Mason, Paul (2007). Live Working or Die Fighting: How the Working Class Went Global. London: Harvill Secker. ISBN 0-436-20615-3.
- Mason, Paul (2009). Meltdown: The End of the Age of Greed. London: Verso. ISBN 978-1-84467-396-4.
- Mason, Paul (2012). Why It's Kicking Off Everywhere: The New Global Revolutions. London: Verso. ISBN 978-1-84467-851-8.
- Mason, Paul (2012). Rare Earth. Harpenden: No Exit. ISBN 1-84243-846-8.
- Mason, Paul (2015). PostCapitalism: A Guide to our Future. Allen Lane. ISBN 978184614738
Documents by Paul Mason
|Title||Document type||Publication date||Subject(s)||Description|
|Document:Labour: The Way Ahead||article||31 July 2016||Labour Party|
UK/2017 General Election
|If Jeremy Corbyn wins on 24 September 2016, we should say to his opponents inside the Parliamentary Labour Party: end the passive resistance. We have something that neither Brown nor Miliband ever had, and which Blairism lost ten years ago. A story that makes sense, a strategy that can win, an unprecedented mass membership; and a leader who, in the face of intense pressure, gets stronger.|
|Document:Slumlands — filthy secret of the modern mega-city||webpage||8 August 2011||Slum|
- "BBC Newsnight's Paul Mason joins Channel 4 News"
- "Guardian profile of Paul Mason"
- "My thoughts on Labour strategy post 24/9"
- "The sound of Blairite silence"
- "The end of capitalism has begun"