| Andrew Windsor |
Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein
|Born||born 19 February 1960|
|Alma mater||Gordonstoun School|
|Member of||Lolita Express/Passengers|
Member of the UK royal family who was close to Jeffrey Epstein and "provided zero cooperation" to US legal system in that regard.
Prince Andrew Albert Christian Edward, Duke of York, KG, GCVO, CD, ADC(P) is a member of the British royal family.
On 11 August 2019, Prince Andrew made his first appearance since Jeffrey Epstein's death in custody as he went to Crathie Church at Balmoral in Scotland with the Queen. On 20 November 2019, after a "car crash" interview about his relationship with Epstein, his mother gave him permission to “step back from public duties for the foreseeable future”.
Friendship with Epstein
In March 2011, it was reported that Andrew's friendship with Jeffrey Epstein, was producing "a steady stream of criticism". His wife, Sarah, Duchess of York, disclosed that the Duke helped arrange for Epstein to pay off some of her debts. The Duke strolled publicly with Epstein after the latter's release from prison, allegedly while negotiating this financial help. In July 2011, the Duke was reported to have cut all ties with Epstein.
In January 2015, there was renewed media pressure for Buckingham Palace to explain the Duke's connection with Epstein. Peter Oborne, writing in The Daily Telegraph in January 2015, stated that "the proven facts are grim enough. What was the prince doing, in the first place, with Epstein, a paedophile who was jailed in 2008 for soliciting young girls for under-age prostitution?"
Whitney Webb did observe that online articles from British media, which have highlighted the relationship between the two from several years back, have been scrubbed from the Internet by the time the affair came into the spotlight.
Allegations of sexual impropriety
In January 2015, Virginia Roberts made allegations of sexual impropriety against Andrew Windsor in court papers related to a civil action in Florida arising from her connection to the Jeffrey Epstein case, but to which the Duke was not a party. Roberts claimed that the Duke was among men, including "a former prime minister" and Alan Dershowitz, who had sex with her while she was a teenager. She alleged Epstein paid her £10,000 for sleeping with the Duke. She said that she had had sex with the Duke on a trip to London in 2001, when she was 17 (which is above the age of consent in the United Kingdom), and again in New York (where the age of consent is 17).
Flight logs show the Duke and Virginia Roberts were in the same places when she alleges sex happened. Prince Andrew and Roberts were also photographed together with the his arm round Roberts' waist. Roberts said she was pressured to have sex with the Duke and "wouldn't have dared object" and feared leaving, as she felt Epstein, through contacts, could have got her "killed or abducted". The allegations were, as of early 2015, not tested in court, but Roberts repeated allegations against the Duke and against Epstein in a sworn legal statement under penalty of perjury.
On 12 January 2022, US Judge Lewis Kaplan ruled that the civil action brought by Virginia Giuffre, formerly known as Virginia Roberts, who claims Prince Andrew "committed sexual assault and battery" upon her when she was a teenager, can proceed.
Johanna Sjoberg claimed Prince Andrew fondled her breast after she sat on his knee, according to documents related to Ms Giuffre's defamation lawsuit against British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell, daughter of media mogul Robert Maxwell.
2019 BBC interview
His interview with Emily Maitlis has been described as the biggest public relations debacle for the British royal family since the death of Princess Diana. It was meant to clear his name and deny all wrongdoing, but instead, by most accounts, brought the viewers at large to believe that he is not truthful and possibly guilty. He may have been under the impression that since the public does believe almost anything that is communicated from authority, he will get away by simply insisting on his position. Among other things, his assertion that he was not able to sweat has received some attention.
|Document:Epstein's Death Must Be the Start, not the End, of the Investigation||blog post||11 August 2019||Craig Murray||It is a great shame that in the UK, the Establishment has been able to characterise the falsifications of Carl Beech as discrediting the entire notion of historical child sexual abuse.|
- "Prince Andrew breaks cover with Queen after death of paedo pal Jeffrey Epstein"
- "Duchess of York admits Duke arranged for convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein to pay off her debts"
- "Prince Andrew: Envoy career plagued with controversy"
- https://alethonews.com/2019/10/14/these-scrubbed-reports-reveal-new-secrets-into-the-prince-andrew-jeffrey-epstein-relationship/ saved at Archive.org saved at Archive.is
- https://www.mintpressnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/ANDREW_S-FIXER_SHE_S-THE-DAUGHTER-OF-ROBERT-MAXWELL-AND-1.pdf saved at Archive.org
- "Federal prosecutors say Prince Andrew has 'provided zero cooperation' in their Jeffrey Epstein investigation despite publicly promising he WOULD - as US attorney leading probe gives press conference outside pedophile's New York mansion"
- "Prince Andrew, and the picture that speaks a thousand damning words"
- "Prince Andrew ‘sex abuse victim’ Virginia Roberts ‘was introduced to the Queen’"
- "Prince Andrew prepares for grim year ahead as 'sex abuse' claims refuse to go away"
- "Prince Andrew under renewed pressure to speak about 'sex abuse' claims after flight logs emerge"
- "Prince Andrew story runs and runs - but editors should beware"
- "Prince Andrew arrives in Davos to answer claims of 'sex orgy with nine teenagers'"
- "Records Of Prince Andrew's Location On Night Of Molestation Destroyed By Police"
- "Met Police destroyed records for the night Prince Andrew allegedly had sex with teenager in London, says former Royal protection officer"
- "Prince Andrew: Judge refuses to throw out Virginia Giuffre's sexual assault lawsuit against royal"
- "Woman claims Prince Andrew 'fondled her' at home of paedo pal Jeffrey Epstein"
- "Ghislaine Maxwell convicted in Epstein sex abuse case"
- "After Disastrous Epstein Interview, Prince Andrew Steps Down From Public Duties"
- "'I had a peculiar medical condition': Prince Andrew says Falklands War left him unable to perspire - after Virginia Roberts claimed he was 'sweating profusely' before they had sex as he 'plied her with vodka' when she was 17"