Bank of England
| Bank of England |
|Headquarters||Threadneedle Street, London, United Kingdom|
|Leaders||• Governor of the Bank of England|
• Director of the Bank of England
|Subpage||•Bank of England/Deputy Governor|
•Bank of England/Director
•Bank of England/Governor
The Bank of England is the central bank of the United Kingdom and the model on which most modern central banks have been based.
Established in 1694 to act as the English Government's banker, it is the world's eighth-oldest bank. It was privately owned by stockholders from its foundation until it was nationalised in 1946. The Bank's headquarters have always? been in London's main financial district, the City of London.
Sky News reported in 2013 that the Bank of England on 21st of March 1939 moved gold from an account of Czechoslovakia at the BIS, after the annexation of the Sudetenland in 1938 and March '39 invasion of the Czech lands, over to an account held by the Reichsbank of Germany.
Reuters reported in November 2018 that the Maduro government is seeking to bring 14 tonnes of gold held in the Bank of England back to Venezuela. The Bank of England did not fulfill the request and was asking for explanations why the country wants the gold back, citing concerns that Mr. Maduro "may seize the gold, which is owned by the state, and sell it for personal gain.
Employees on Wikispooks
|Dido Harding||Non Executive Director||September 2014|
|Dennis Weatherstone||Member of The Board of Banking Supervision||1995||2001|
- ↑ https://news.sky.com/story/nazi-gold-moved-and-sold-by-bank-of-england-10438741 saved at Archive.org
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20130807062236/http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/archive/Documents/archivedocs/wwh/2/p3c9p1292-1301.pdf
- ↑ https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/archive/bank-of-england-1939-45-ww2
- ↑ http://archive.today/2018.11.05-145324/https://www.reuters.com/article/us-venezuela-gold-exclusive/exclusive-venezuela-seeks-to-repatriate-550-million-of-gold-from-britain-sources-idUSKCN1NA1Q7
- ↑ https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-11-05/maduro-scrambles-repatriate-venezuelas-gold-after-trump-crackdown
- ↑ http://archive.today/2020.12.17-223241/https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-26/bank-england-refuses-release-venezuelas-gold-after-us-lobbying
- ↑ https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/maduro-scrambles-to-bring-venezuela-s-gold-back-from-the-uk-0p29xp99w
- ↑ https://zerohedge.com/geopolitical/uk-supreme-court-accepts-guaidos-appeal-control-over-boes-seizure-venezuelan-gold
|This is a page stub. Please add to it.|