| Andrew Windsor |
Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein
|Born||19 February 1960|
|Alma mater||Gordonstoun School|
|Member of||Jeffrey Epstein/Black book, Lolita Express/Passengers|
Member of the UK royal family who was close to Jeffrey Epstein and "provided zero cooperation" to US legal system in that regard.
Prince Andrew Albert Christian Edward, Duke of York, KG, GCVO, CD, ADC(P) is a member of the British royal family.
On 11 August 2019, Prince Andrew made his first appearance since Jeffrey Epstein's death in custody as he went to Crathie Church at Balmoral in Scotland with the Queen. On 20 November 2019, after a "car crash" interview about his relationship with Epstein, his mother gave him permission to “step back from public duties for the foreseeable future”.
On 2 June 2022, at the start of a four-day Platinum Jubilee celebration, Prince Andrew did not appear at the traditional Trooping the Colour birthday ceremony which was attended by Prince Charles, representing the Queen. He was expected to attend a Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul’s Cathedral together with all members of the royal family on Friday 3 June, but a palace spokesperson said:
- “After undertaking a routine test the Duke has tested positive for Covid and with regret will no longer be attending tomorrow’s service.”
Friendship with Epstein
In March 2011, it was reported that Andrew's friendship with Jeffrey Epstein, was producing "a steady stream of criticism". His wife, Sarah, Duchess of York, disclosed that the Duke helped arrange for Epstein to pay off some of her debts. The Duke strolled publicly with Epstein after the latter's release from prison, allegedly while negotiating this financial help. In July 2011, the Duke was reported to have cut all ties with Epstein.
In January 2015, there was renewed media pressure for Buckingham Palace to explain the Duke's connection with Epstein. Peter Oborne, writing in The Daily Telegraph in January 2015, stated that "the proven facts are grim enough. What was the prince doing, in the first place, with Epstein, a paedophile who was jailed in 2008 for soliciting young girls for under-age prostitution?"
Whitney Webb did observe that online articles from British media, which have highlighted the relationship between the two from several years back, have been scrubbed from the Internet by the time the affair came into the spotlight.
In January 2020, the Daily Mail reported that "Federal prosecutors reveal Prince Andrew has 'provided zero cooperation' in Jeffrey Epstein investigation despite publicly promising he would."
Allegations of sexual impropriety
In January 2015, Virginia Roberts made allegations of sexual impropriety against Andrew Windsor in court papers related to a civil action in Florida arising from her connection to the Jeffrey Epstein case, but to which the Duke was not a party. Roberts claimed that the Duke was among men, including "a former prime minister" and Alan Dershowitz, who had sex with her while she was a teenager. She alleged Epstein paid her £10,000 for sleeping with the Duke. She said that she had had sex with the Duke on a trip to London in 2001, when she was 17 (which is above the age of consent in the United Kingdom), and again in New York (where the age of consent is 17).
Flight logs show the Duke and Virginia Roberts were in the same places when she alleges sex happened. Prince Andrew and Roberts were also photographed together with the his arm round Roberts' waist. Roberts said she was pressured to have sex with the Duke and "wouldn't have dared object" and feared leaving, as she felt Epstein, through contacts, could have got her "killed or abducted". The allegations were, as of early 2015, not tested in court, but Roberts repeated allegations against the Duke and against Epstein in a sworn legal statement under penalty of perjury.
The Met Police withheld information about Andrew's movements on the night of Roberts' allegation, first claiming "national security", then claiming that they had destroyed it.
On 12 January 2022, US Judge Lewis Kaplan ruled that the civil action brought by Virginia Giuffre, formerly known as Virginia Roberts, who claims Prince Andrew "committed sexual assault and battery" upon her when she was a teenager, can proceed.
Prince Andrew was the defendant in the civil lawsuit over sexual assault filed by Virginia Giuffre in New York State, which was settled out of court in February 2022 for a reported £12 million.
Johanna Sjoberg claimed Prince Andrew fondled her breast after she sat on his knee, according to documents related to Ms Giuffre's defamation lawsuit against British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell, daughter of media mogul Robert Maxwell.
Ms Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein's former girlfriend, was found guilty in 2021 of child sex trafficking and other offences in connection with the financier and convicted sex offender.
2019 BBC interview
His interview with Emily Maitlis has been described as the biggest public relations debacle for the British royal family since the death of Princess Diana. It was meant to clear his name and deny all wrongdoing, but instead, by most accounts, brought the viewers at large to believe that he is not truthful and possibly guilty. He may have been under the impression that since the public does believe almost anything that is communicated from authority, he will get away by simply insisting on his position. Among other things, his assertion that he was not able to sweat has received some attention.
In June 2022, The Independent reported that a song by Essex pop group The Kunts was climbing the UK charts ahead of the Platinum Jubilee celebrations. Entitled “Prince Andrew is a Sweaty Nonce", the track was in 12th position in the Trending Chart and had made it to the UK Top 20. The song begins:
- “The grand old Duke of York, he said he didn’t sweat. So why did he pay 12 million quid to a girl he’d never met?”
Discussing their reasoning for releasing the song, The Kunts said:
- “The timing this year felt perfect, given Prince Andrew’s bizarre, shameful, and cowardly behaviour as he attempted to dodge any sort of accountability for the alleged sexual assault on Virginia Giuffre, followed by the attempt to sweep it all under the carpet with an out of court settlement.”
The Essex band grew up with the “folklore” of the Sex Pistols' classic “God Save the Queen” never making it to the top spot during the 1977 Silver Jubilee celebrations.
- “A Jubilee celebration has always felt like it could be a good chance to air any grievances one may have with our unelected head of state and her feckless offspring,” the band’s frontman, Kunt, said.
For the past couple of years, The Kunts have battled it out for the Christmas Number 1 with their respective tracks “Boris Johnson Is a F***ing C***” and “Boris Johnson Is STILL a F***ing C***”.
Events Participated in
|WEF/Annual Meeting/2007||24 January 2007||28 January 2007||World Economic Forum|
|Only the 450 public figures listed of ~2200 participants|
|WEF/Annual Meeting/2008||23 January 2008||27 January 2008||World Economic Forum|
|WEF/Annual Meeting/2009||23 January 2008||27 January 2008||World Economic Forum|
|WEF/Annual Meeting/2014||22 January 2014||25 January 2014||World Economic Forum|
|2604 guests in Davos considered "Reshaping The World"|
|WEF/Annual Meeting/2015||21 January 2015||24 January 2015||World Economic Forum|
|Attended by a lot of people. This page lists only the 261 "Public Figures".|
|Document:Epstein's Death Must Be the Start, not the End, of the Investigation||blog post||11 August 2019||Craig Murray||It is a great shame that in the UK, the Establishment has been able to characterise the falsifications of Carl Beech as discrediting the entire notion of historical child sexual abuse.|
- ↑ "Prince Andrew breaks cover with Queen after death of paedo pal Jeffrey Epstein"
- ↑ https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/nov/20/prince-andrew-to-step-back-from-public-duties-for-foreseeable-future
- ↑ "Prince Andrew misses Queen's birthday bash as Meghan and Harry get last-minute slot"
- ↑ "PRINCE ANDREW TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID AND WILL MISS JUBILEE THANKSGIVING SERVICE"
- ↑ "Duchess of York admits Duke arranged for convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein to pay off her debts"
- ↑ https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/8365020/Duke-of-York-appealed-to-Jeffrey-Epstein-to-help-Duchess-pay-debt.html
- ↑ "Prince Andrew: Envoy career plagued with controversy"
- ↑ https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jan/06/palace-prince-andrew-links-jeffrey-epstein
- ↑ https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/queen-elizabeth-II/11324575/It-was-all-going-so-well-for-the-Royal-family.html
- ↑ https://alethonews.com/2019/10/14/these-scrubbed-reports-reveal-new-secrets-into-the-prince-andrew-jeffrey-epstein-relationship/ saved at Archive.org saved at Archive.is
- ↑ https://www.mintpressnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/ANDREW_S-FIXER_SHE_S-THE-DAUGHTER-OF-ROBERT-MAXWELL-AND-1.pdf saved at Archive.org
- ↑ "Federal prosecutors say Prince Andrew has 'provided zero cooperation' in their Jeffrey Epstein investigation despite publicly promising he WOULD - as US attorney leading probe gives press conference outside pedophile's New York mansion"
- ↑ "Prince Andrew, and the picture that speaks a thousand damning words"
- ↑ "Prince Andrew ‘sex abuse victim’ Virginia Roberts ‘was introduced to the Queen’"
- ↑ "Prince Andrew prepares for grim year ahead as 'sex abuse' claims refuse to go away"
- ↑ http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/advice/factfile_az/age_of_consent
- ↑ "Prince Andrew under renewed pressure to speak about 'sex abuse' claims after flight logs emerge"
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20150723113937/https://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article9956876.ece/alternates/w620/v2-8-Virginia-Roberts-Collect-The-Times-v6.jpg
- ↑ "Prince Andrew story runs and runs - but editors should beware"
- ↑ "Prince Andrew arrives in Davos to answer claims of 'sex orgy with nine teenagers'"
- ↑ "Records Of Prince Andrew's Location On Night Of Molestation Destroyed By Police"
- ↑ "Met Police destroyed records for the night Prince Andrew allegedly had sex with teenager in London, says former Royal protection officer"
- ↑ "Prince Andrew: Judge refuses to throw out Virginia Giuffre's sexual assault lawsuit against royal"
- ↑ "Prince Andrew settles US civil sex assault case with Virginia Giuffre"
- ↑ "Woman claims Prince Andrew 'fondled her' at home of paedo pal Jeffrey Epstein"
- ↑ "Ghislaine Maxwell convicted in Epstein sex abuse case"
- ↑ "After Disastrous Epstein Interview, Prince Andrew Steps Down From Public Duties"
- ↑ https://nationalpost.com/news/prince-andrew-im-innocent-because-i-cant-sweat-dermatologists-oh-really
- ↑ "'I had a peculiar medical condition': Prince Andrew says Falklands War left him unable to perspire - after Virginia Roberts claimed he was 'sweating profusely' before they had sex as he 'plied her with vodka' when she was 17"
- ↑ "'Prince Andrew Is A Sweaty Nonce' has made it to the UK Top 20"
- ↑ "‘Prince Andrew Is a Sweaty N****’ climbs UK charts ahead of Platinum Jubilee"