|Born||29 February 1968|
|Interests|| • Volodymyr Zelensky|
• Igor Kolomoisky
Chilean–American novelist and film director residing in the Ukraine who was arrested by the Security Service of Ukraine on 15 April 2022.
Gonzalo Lira López is a Chilean–American novelist and film director who currently resides in Ukraine, formerly known by the pseudonym 'Coach Red Pill'.
Son of Gonzalo Lira Valdés and María Isabel López Hess, Gonzalo Lira grew up in the San Fernando Valley, New York, Miami and also in Guayaquil, Ecuador. He completed his studies at Colegio Saint George's College in Santiago de Chile.
In 1997, Gonzalo Lira published the book Tomáh Errázurih. After settling in Manhattan in 1998, Lira wrote, produced and directed a comedic short film, "So Kinky". In 2002, he wrote the book "Acrobat" which was made into a movie by Miramax. That same year, Lira returned to Chile and began producing and writing in Spanish. In 2006 Lira co-wrote, produced and directed "Catalina's Kidnapping" , called in Chile "Secuestro".
Between 2010 and 2012, Gonzalo Lira published economic analysis on his blog, he made a forecast about the hyperinflation that threatened the US dollar. In 2017 he was active on social media, especially YouTube , under the name 'Coach Red Pill'.
At the start of the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, Gonzalo Lira was in the Ukrainian capital Kiev, from where he expressed his assessment of what was happening on his YouTube channel, dissenting markedly from the point of view of the Western media. In particular, he said that “although Ukraine may win the propaganda war, Russia wins the real war by capturing territory. Already 15% of the territory of Ukraine is under the control of the Russian army.
One of his videos was shown cropped in a Russian television program without Lira's authorisation and making it appear pro-Russian, which caused him to be expelled from the Premier Palace Hotel in Kiev. Gonzalo Lira wanted to return to Kharkov with his family, which he did after the incident. Lira has been critical of the government of Volodymyr Zelensky and the Ukrainian oligarch Igor Kolomoisky.
On 17 April 2022, George Galloway announced on his television program MOATS that an interview with Gonzalo Lira scheduled for that edition could not be carried out due to his presumed disappearance in Ukraine. Friends and relatives of Lira confirmed that they had lost contact with him since April 15, a disappearance confirmed by the Chilean Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Truth about Zelensky
Days before, on March 26, Lira had tweeted the following:
Do you want to know the truth about the Zelensky regime? Google these names:
- Vladimir Struk
- Denis Kirev
- Mikhail and Alexander Kononovich
- Nestor Shufrych
- Yan Taksyur
- Dmitry Djangirov
- Elena Berezhnaya
If you haven't heard from me in 12 hours or more, put my name on this list. Gonzalo Lira.
Arrest by the SBU
From 15 April 2022 he went missing from his home in Kharkov and by 20th April there were concerning reports of his likely capture and killing by Ukrainian forces.
On the 22nd there was a short interview with him, which was recorded by Alex Christoforou (The Duran), to say that he had been arrested by the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) but is in good health. Lira was told he is not allowed to leave the area, and is not allowed to use his Telegram channel anymore.
He continued his social media presence on a new Youtube account.
|Scott Ritter and The Battle of the Donbass|
In early April 2022, Scott Ritter was interviewed by Gonzalo Lira and explained how he thought the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine is likely to play out.
On 24 April 2022, in a wide-ranging interview with Richard Medhurst, Gonzalo Lira spoke about the situation in Ukraine where he expected the Russians to complete the Donbass encirclement within 4-6 weeks and the resultant cauldron to lead to the death or surrender of 60,000 NATO-trained battle-hardened Ukrainian soldiers. The Russians would then move on to Mykolaiv, to Kharkov and perhaps to Lviv.
According to Lira, the battle for Mariupol was won 2 weeks ago. He suspected that there must be someone very special hiding with troops of the Azov Battalion, holed up in the Mariupol steel works, and suggested it could be US Lieutenant General and Commander NATO Allied Land Command Roger Cloutier. Earlier, on 11 April 2022, NATO issued a denial:
“These claims are completely false. Lieutenant General Cloutier’s last visit to Ukraine was in July 2021 to conduct Land Staff Talks in Kyiv in order to strengthen NATO’s partnership with Ukraine’s brave and capable forces.”
Gonzalo Lira also talked about the Ukrainian oligarch Igor Kolomoisky's relations with the actor/president Volodymyr Zelensky, Victoria Nuland and Hunter Biden. He condemned the continued incarceration of Julian Assange and described as "usurious" the interest rates paid on student loans, which he said were being bundled and sold as bonds on the stock market.
His English-language article on Wikipedia is nominated for deletion; it has been nominated at least twice. His Twitter account was deleted twice.
Wikipedia is not affiliated with Wikispooks. Original page source here
- ↑ https://www.conservapedia.com/Gonzalo_Lira
- ↑ "Do you want to know the truth about the Zelensky regime?" saved at Archive.is
- ↑ https://t.me/intelslava/25858 saved at Archive.is
- ↑ http://archive.today/2022.04.22-012049/https://cdni.russiatoday.com/deutsch/images/2022.04/original/625eea35b480cc4c8569cc92.jpg
- ↑ the Twitter user botsmanua (in his Twitter short bio writing: "Coach Red Pill Disrespecektor"), who (as was observed by other researchers, like iEarlGrey) made allusions to Lira having being captured and tortured, has deleted the former tweets, and by 21st April, with a spurious explanation, is asking for Bitcoin link1, link2, the Twitter handle was apparently deactivated on 18th April 2022 link3
- ↑ reports by iEarlGrey - Gonzalo Lira reported CAPTURED in Kharkov - Inside Russia Report (Apr 18, 2022) | Gonzalo Lira is Dead - Scott Ritter - Inside Russia Report (Apr 20, 2022)
- ↑ https://odysee.com/@theduran#e/gonzalo-lira-whereisgonzalolira#a
- ↑ new - https://piped.mha.fi/channel/UCfUzUq5L9NFv2GMVGbEBgkg
- ↑ old - https://piped.mha.fi/channel/UCPxpPT4b4vnDlX0sBGz3r4Q
- ↑ "Scott Ritter and The Battle of the Donbas"
- ↑ "Fact Check-NATO chief Cloutier not captured in Ukraine"
- ↑ "Gonzalo Lira Talks About His Arrest in Ukraine"
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Gonzalo_Lira_(2nd_nomination)
- ↑ https://archive.ph/https://twitter.com/realGonzaloLira
- ↑ https://archive.ph/http://twitter.com/GonzaloLira1968