| Gina Haspel |
|Born||Gina Cheri Haspel|
Ashland, Kentucky, USA
|Alma mater||University of Louisville, BA|
“Godmother of the torture program”
After Gina Haspel was nominated to lead the CIA, Quartz magazine quoted a (paywalled) New York Times report that Haspel "played a leading role in running a US torture site abroad and later destroyed the evidence of it."
In May 2019, as allegations surfaced that Julian Assange was being chemically lobotomised in Belmarsh Prison prior to his extradition to the United States to stand trial on bogus computer hacking charges, Haspel was nicknamed 'Chemical Gina'.
|Document:Assange Must Not Also Die in Jail||blog post||13 August 2019||Craig Murray||Many of the same people who are relieved by Jeffrey Epstein’s death would like to see Julian Assange dead too.|
- "The ‘Godmother of Torture’ May Soon Be Running the CIA"
- "CIA Director Nominee — Gina Haspel Career Timeline"
- "Gina Haspel, C.I.A. Deputy Director, Had Role in Torture"
- "The CIA’s new nominee director Gina Haspel once ran a torture site and destroyed evidence"
- "Correction: Trump’s Pick to Head CIA Did Not Oversee Waterboarding of Abu Zubaydah"
- "Julian Assange Tortured with Psychotropic Drug"