| Andrew Mills|
|Born||Andrew David Mills|
|Alma mater||Leeds University, Cass Business School|
Andrew Mills is a British businessman who is an Adviser to the UK Board of Trade and to Ayanda Capital which specialises in currency trading, offshore property, private equity and trade financing.
In February 2019, Andrew Mills and his wife Caroline founded Prospermill which, according to Jolyon Maugham, "is a £100 company, boxfresh, which has never filed any accounts. It has no demonstrable knowledge of PPE (or anything else for that matter)."
On 5 August 2020, The Times reported:
- Ministers wasted at least £150 million buying masks with the wrong kind of straps from a little-known family investment company, The Times can reveal.
- Health officials signed a £252 million contract to buy masks for frontline healthcare staff from Ayanda Capital in April in a deal brokered by a government adviser who also advises the company’s board.
- The contract included 50 million high-strength “FFP2” medical masks costing an estimated £150 million to £180 million and amounting to the entire health system’s expected consumption for a year, as well as 150 million cheaper “IIR” masks.
Secretive tax haven
On 8 July 2020, Craig Murray wrote deploring the fact that a £250 million contract for COVID-19 personal protection equipment (PPE) had inexplicably been awarded to the “family office” Ayanda Capital, an investment house for private wealth tax avoidance and controlled by Timothy Piers Horlick, who owns it through a Mauritius company. (Mauritius is now a notorious tax haven; it offers zero tax and keeps company officers and owners secret.):
Creaming off a fortune
We now learn £150 million of face masks delivered are unusable as they do not meet the required standards.
I have just seen this absolutely astonishing thread from Jolyon Maugham at 6.25am this morning. It really is mind-blowing. Not only did the “adviser”, named as Andrew Mills, set this all up, he himself established an intermediary company (Prospermill) in the transaction to cream off a fortune.
- "The man who is helping the high street take its fight online"
- "Ayanda Capital Ltd"
- "Prospermill Limited"
- "Ministers waste £150m buying unusable masks from banker"
- "Timothy Piers Horlick"
- "Banana Republic Corruption"
- "Tim Horlick Chief Executive Officer"
- "Coming up: the most extraordinary thread I’ve ever written. On how we blew over £150m and Andrew Mills (a Government adviser) seems to have made a fortune."
- "Stinking Tory Corruption"