(Emergency legislation, social control)
|Interest of||Westminster Foundation For Democracy|
|Many nation states have passed legislation rapidly advancing a police state with a titular connection to the coronavirus.|
Many nation states have passed legislation with a titular connection to the coronavirus. Generally this circumvents existing legal restrictions or civil liberties for the "national interest" of slowing virus transmission rates. Measures taken resemble those proposed for the long standing Continuity of Government plans expanding preexisting infectious disease emergency laws. As with 9-11 it seems to be unclear when the state of emergency, i.e. the threat (of "infectious disease" or "terrorism") ends.
As with 9-11 (i.e. Patriot Act) mass surveillance and social control measures are proposed as 'the new normal'. Echoing Bill Gates proposal for ID2020, a facial recognition app combined with vaccination is discussed in Germany and UK. People not vaccinated may 'not enter public spaces'. 
Urgent preliminary ruling procedures
Many laws are now passed under "urgent preliminary ruling procedures" (procedures sidelining parliament under extreme time constraints).
Many nation states used cellphone data to track citizens, their motion, residence, friends and social contacts. By early April 2020 this included Austria, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Israel, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and the US. Poland offered people in quarantine a choice: "either receive unexpected visits from the police, or download this app".
Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán passed a “coronavirus” law passed, "allowing him rule by decree during the state of emergency for an indefinite period." The legislation includes a provision for sentences of up to five years in prison for spreading "fake news". Reporters Without Borders stated that "in reality it is the government that can, at the outset, arbitrarily decide whether a media report is true or false."
Although the UK government stated that "As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK", the 329 page 2020 Coronavirus Bill was introduced to parliament on 22 March and made law on 25 March. Silkie Carlo, termed it "the greatest loss of liberty in our history".
In September 2021 it was reported that Boris Johnson wants to extend COVID legislation until March 2022. He faces a battle with opposition from backbench Tory MPs; mainly from the COVID Recovery Group.
|Face mask||From an obscure phenomenon, face masks became a central part of the COVID-19 psychological operation starting in March 2020.|
|Online Safety Bill||Proposed piece of landmark legislation which will enable internet censorship in Great Britain|
|PCSC Bill||UK law|
- ↑ https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/03/coronavirus-health-passports-for-uk-possible-in-months
- ↑ https://www.heise.de/tp/features/Spahn-stellt-den-geplanten-Immunitaetsausweis-zurueck-4714459.html
- ↑ https://www.heise.de/tp/features/Coronakrise-Eine-bedrohliche-Entwicklung-fuer-die-Grundrechte-4713370.html
- ↑ https://www.cnet.com/news/israel-is-tracking-phone-location-data-to-fight-covid-19-reports-say/
- ↑ https://www.businessinsider.com/countries-tracking-citizens-phones-coronavirus-2020-3
- ↑ https://rsf.org/en/news/orbans-orwellian-law-paves-way-information-police-state-hungary
- ↑ https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid
- ↑ https://services.parliament.uk/Bills/2019-21/coronavirus.html
- ↑ https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/03/25/coronavirus-bill-the-greatest-loss-of-liberty-in-our-history/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkfTnNGltpk
- ↑ https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/covid-winter-lockdown-boris-johnson-b1913859.html