The 1997 Bilderberg Meeting was the 45th such meeting and had participants from European countries, the United States and Canada. It was chaired by Peter Carrington and was held held at Lake Lanier, Georgia, USA. Exceptionally for a 20th century Bilderberg meeting, the location of the meeting was leaked before it happened. The 116 guests included 30 business executives, 23 politicians, 13 financiers, 13 editors/journalists and 12 academics.
- 1 Secret attendance
- 2 Exposure
- 3 Agenda
- 3.1 1. Will NATO's Enlargement Affect the Transatlantic Alliance?
- 3.2 2. Do the World's Energy Needs Prevent Sustainable Development?
- 3.3 3. Growth through Productivity Improvement: a Threat to Western Social Cohesion?
- 3.4 4. Peacekeeping: Assessments and Prospects-Bosnia, Albania, Cyprus
- 3.5 5. Status Report on American Foreign Policy
- 3.6 6. How Should the West Look at China?
- 3.7 7. Corporate Survival: Breaking with Tradition in Governance
- 3.8 8. EMU's Consequences Assuming it Goes Ahead
- 3.9 9. The Return of the European Left: Sign of Innovation or Reaction?
- 3.10 10. Relationship of the West to Islam
- 3.11 11. World Bank Update
- 4 Participants
- 5 References
Although not listed, Hillary Clinton was seen at the conference greeting the guests. Although she has repeatedly denied having attended the group (even claiming in 2007 not to know of if), emails posted to the Clinton Presidential Library & Museum reveal that she spoke there to strongly endorse "immediate NATO membership for the Baltics". 
The 1997 Bilderberg Agenda has not been leaked, but the website at Bilderberg Meetings has posted an agenda.
1. Will NATO's Enlargement Affect the Transatlantic Alliance?
2. Do the World's Energy Needs Prevent Sustainable Development?
3. Growth through Productivity Improvement: a Threat to Western Social Cohesion?
4. Peacekeeping: Assessments and Prospects-Bosnia, Albania, Cyprus
5. Status Report on American Foreign Policy
6. How Should the West Look at China?
7. Corporate Survival: Breaking with Tradition in Governance
8. EMU's Consequences Assuming it Goes Ahead
9. The Return of the European Left: Sign of Innovation or Reaction?
10. Relationship of the West to Islam
11. World Bank Update
|Gianni Agnelli||Italian industrialist, 37 Bilderbergs|
|Paul Allaire||Bilderberg Steering Committee member who headed Rank Xerox|
|Otto Wolff von Amerongen||Bilderberg Advisory Committee member, deep politician|
|Bodil Nyboe Andersen||central banker, Bilderberger|
|Beatrix Armgard||Queen Beatrix. Very heavy Bilderberg habit|
|Francisco Pinto Balsemão||>30 Bilderbergs, Bilderberg Steering committee, Prime Minister of Portugal|
|Robert Bartley||Managed the editorial page of The Wall Street Journal for over 30 years. 15 Bilderberg visits|
|Lloyd Bentsen||5 time Bilderberger US Treasury Secretary|
|Maarten van den Bergh|
|C. Fred Bergsten|
|Ernst van der Beugel||34 Bilderberg meetings, on both the Advisory Committee & Steering committees|
|Selahattin Beyazit||Turkish Bilderberg Steering committee|
|Carl Bildt||Swedish politician and serial Bilderberger|
|Conrad Black||Fraudulent Bilderberg steering committee member|
|E. John P. Browne|
|Robin Buchanan||Triple Bilderberger US businessman|
|Peter Carrington||Ex Secretary General of NATO and busy guy. Bilderberg chairman|
|Hillary Clinton||“Too big to jail”|
|Jon Corzine||6 times Bilderberger financier|
|Kenneth Dam||Economist acting US Secretary of State with a heavy Bilderberg habit|
|Étienne Davignon||A Bilderberg chairman.|
|François de Donnea|
|Gazi Ercel||Turkish central banker and 4 times Bilderberger|
|Victor Halberstadt||A professor of economics, with a minimal Wikipedia page, who has attended all Bilderberg meetings since 1975.|
|Lee H. Hamilton||Having chaired some key house committees, Hamilton appears to have established himself as a safe pair of hands for handling potentially damaging information, explaining his choice as fallback vice chairman of the 9/11 Commission.|
|Richard Holbrooke||Bilderberg/Steering committee, deep state operative|
|Westye Höegh||President of the Norwegian Shipowners' Association, Bilderberg Steering committee|
|... further results|