The 1997 Bilderberg Meeting was the 45th such meeting and had participants from European countries, the United States and Canada. It was chaired by Peter Carrington and was held held at Lake Lanier, Georgia, USA. Exceptionally for a 20th century Bilderberg meeting, the location of the meeting was leaked before it happened. The 116 guests included 34 business executives, 24 politicians, 7 financiers, 13 editors/journalists and 13 academics. The next meeting was the 1998 Bilderberg.
- 1 Secret attendance
- 2 Exposure
- 3 Agenda
- 3.1 1. Will NATO's Enlargement Affect the Transatlantic Alliance?
- 3.2 2. Do the World's Energy Needs Prevent Sustainable Development?
- 3.3 3. Growth through Productivity Improvement: a Threat to Western Social Cohesion?
- 3.4 4. Peacekeeping: Assessments and Prospects-Bosnia, Albania, Cyprus
- 3.5 5. Status Report on American Foreign Policy
- 3.6 6. How Should the West Look at China?
- 3.7 7. Corporate Survival: Breaking with Tradition in Governance
- 3.8 8. EMU's Consequences Assuming it Goes Ahead
- 3.9 9. The Return of the European Left: Sign of Innovation or Reaction?
- 3.10 10. Relationship of the West to Islam
- 3.11 11. World Bank Update
- 4 Known Participants
- 5 References
Although not listed, Hillary Clinton was seen at the conference greeting the guests. Although she has repeatedly denied having attended the group (even going so far in 2007 as pretending not to know of it), emails posted to the Clinton Presidential Library & Museum reveal that she spoke there to strongly endorse "immediate NATO membership for the Baltics". 
The April 1997 edition of The Portman Papers leaked the location of the 1997 Bilderberg meeting under the headline Bilderberg treason first decided it, single currency means the end of Britain.
Jim Tucker published about the 1997 Bilderberg meeting.
The 1997 Bilderberg Agenda has not been leaked, but the website at Bilderberg Meetings has posted an agenda.
1. Will NATO's Enlargement Affect the Transatlantic Alliance?
2. Do the World's Energy Needs Prevent Sustainable Development?
3. Growth through Productivity Improvement: a Threat to Western Social Cohesion?
4. Peacekeeping: Assessments and Prospects-Bosnia, Albania, Cyprus
5. Status Report on American Foreign Policy
6. How Should the West Look at China?
7. Corporate Survival: Breaking with Tradition in Governance
8. EMU's Consequences Assuming it Goes Ahead
9. The Return of the European Left: Sign of Innovation or Reaction?
10. Relationship of the West to Islam
11. World Bank Update
113 of the 116 known participants already have pages here:
|Gianni Agnelli||Italian industrialist, 37 Bilderbergs|
|Umberto Agnelli||Italian business magnate with multiple deep state connections including the Bilderberg Steering committee.|
|Paul Allaire||Bilderberg Steering Committee member and board of the Council on Foreign Relations who headed Rank Xerox|
|Otto Wolff von Amerongen||Bilderberg Advisory Committee member, deep politician|
|Bodil Nyboe Andersen||Danish central banker who pushed for introduction of the euro. Daughter of Bilderberger Poul Nyboe Andersen and attended 3 Bilderberg meetings herself. Trilateral Commission.|
|Michael Armacost||President of the Brookings Institution, Acting US Secretary of State for 5 days in 1989|
|Beatrix Armgard||Former Dutch Queen. Survived 2009 Queen's Day Attack. In 1962 became the first woman to attend a Bilderberg meeting. Kicked a very heavy Bilderberg habit in 2015.|
|Francisco Pinto Balsemão||>30 Bilderbergs, Bilderberg Steering committee, Prime Minister of Portugal|
|Percy Barnevik||Bilderberg Steering committee member in the Wallenberg Sphere|
|Robert Bartley||Managed the editorial page of The Wall Street Journal for over 30 years. 15 Bilderberg visits|
|Isabel Bassett||Canadian broadcaster and former politician.|
|Lloyd Bentsen||5 time Bilderberger US Treasury Secretary|
|Sandy Berger||A US National security advisor caught removing "terrorism"-related materials from the from the US national archives just prior to testifying before the 9/11 Commission.|
|Maarten van den Bergh||Discreet Dutch businessman named the most powerful businessman in Britain. Attended the 1997 Bilderberg|
|C. Fred Bergsten||Brookings Institution, CFR, 5 Bilderbergs ...|
|Richard Bernstein||Author and Asia correspondent who attended the 1997 Bilderberg, the same year he published The Coming Conflict with China|
|Ernst van der Beugel||Dutch deep politician, 34 Bilderbergs, on both the Advisory & Steering committees|
|Selahattin Beyazit||One of the biggest industrialists in Turkey and member of the Bilderberg Steering committee.|
|Carl Bildt||Swedish deep politician and serial Bilderberger|
|Dinc Bilgin||Turkish media mogul whose media empire was seized by the Turkish government in 2002.|
|Conrad Black||Fraudulent Bilderberg steering committee member|
|Lajos Bokros||A senior adviser to The World Bank|
|António Borges||Portuguese economist and banker. Managing Director and International Adviser of Goldman Sachs.|
|John Browne (Executive)||UK businessman and former CEO of BP. He proposed a merger of Shell and BP at the 2004 Bilderberg.|
|John Bryan||US businessman|
|Robin Buchanan||Triple Bilderberger US businessman|
|Hubert Burda||Multi-billionaire publisher. 7 Bilderbergs|
|Hugo Bütler||Editor in Chief of the Neue Zürcher Zeitung.|
|Peter Carrington||UK Deep politician. Bilderberg chairman. President of the Pilgrims Society. Secretary General of NATO. Chairman of the UK Conservative Party. Busy guy.|
|Ulrich Cartellieri||German banker and arms company executive. Attended 3 Bilderbergs in the 1990s.|
|Hillary Clinton||“Too big to jail”|
|Bertrand Collomb||Connected French businessman. 13 Bilderbergs.|
|Jon Corzine||6 times Bilderberger financier|
|Flavio Cotti||Swiss politician who attended 4 Bilderbergs in the 1990s|
|Kenneth Dam||Economist acting US Secretary of State with a heavy Bilderberg habit|
|George David||Greek Cypriot entrepreneur, Bilderberg Steering committee.|
|Étienne Davignon||Belgian deep politician, EU commissioner, Bilderberg chairman, Egmont Institute president|
|François de Donnea||Belgian establishment politician. Attended the 1997 Bilderberg as Mayor of Brussels|
|Uffe Ellemann-Jensen||Started more offensive military/soft power posture as Danish Foreign Minister. 8 Bilderbergs, candidate for NATO General-Secretary.|
|Gazi Ercel||Turkish central banker and 4 times Bilderberger|
|Üstün Ergüder||Rector of Bosporus University, Board Member of the Vehbi Koç Foundation|
|David Frum||Neoconservative deep state operative who coined the phrase "axis of evil"|
|Robert Gascoyne-Cecil||Bilderberg, Le Cercle, The Other Club, Ditchley Governor|
|Jean-Louis Gergorin||Attended 4 Bilderbergs from 1997 to 2003. Sentenced to 3 years in prison for slanderous denunciation, forgery, concealment of breach of trust and theft|
|Louis Gerstner||Former Chairman and CEO, RJR Nabisco, Former Chairman and CEO, IBM, Former Chairman of the Carlyle Group, Bilderberg Steering Committee.|
|Victor Halberstadt||A professor of economics, with a minimal Wikipedia page, who has attended all Bilderberg meetings since 1975.|
|Lee H. Hamilton||Having chaired some key house committees, Hamilton appears to have established himself as a safe pair of hands for handling potentially damaging information, explaining his choice as fallback vice chairman of the 9/11 Commission.|
|Richard Holbrooke||Bilderberg/Steering committee, deep state operative|
|Will Hutton||Attended the 1997 Bilderberg as Editor of The Observer|
|Jan Huyghebaert||Belgian businessman, 11 Bilderbergs|
|... further results|
- ↑ https://www.bilderberg.org/1997.htm
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFBtD82gJlQ
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYLdZvkAi0E
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20140501062854/https://www.clintonlibrary.gov/assets/storage/Research%20-%20Digital%20Library/formerlywithheld/batch4/2008-0637-F.pdf
- ↑ https://www.bilderberg.org/1997.htm
- ↑ https://1library.net/article/lake-lanier-georgia-jim-tucker-bilderberg-diary-pdf.q58e8pjq