| Sajid Javid |
(politician, banker, deep state functionary?)
Sajid Javid adopting the Tory 'power pose'
|Born||5 December 1969|
Rochdale, United Kingdom
|Alma mater||South Gloucestershire and Stroud College, University of Exeter|
Sajid Javid is a British Conservative Party politician who was elected Member of Parliament for Bromsgrove in 2010. Boris Johnson appointed Sajid Javid UK/Secretary of State for Health and Social Care on 26 June 2021 following the resignation of Matt Hancock.
On 14 July 2021, Jeremy Corbyn tweeted:
"The Secretary of State for Health has been in post for over two weeks. Neither @DHSCgovuk, JP Morgan or healthcare business C3ai which paid @sajidjavid to advise on ‘market opportunities’, have issued press releases confirming the dates he stood down. Has he fully cut his ties?"
Banker turned politician
Formerly the youngest Vice President of Chase Manhattan Bank and a Deutsche Bank board director, Sajid Javid has held roles in government as Economic Secretary to the Treasury, Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, Home Secretary and Chancellor of the Exchequer.
On 12 June 2019, backed by Scottish Conservative leader Ruth Davidson, Javid launched his campaign to succeed Theresa May as UK Prime Minister. On 24 July 2019, Boris Johnson became Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and appointed Sajid Javid Chancellor of the Exchequer.
- “It will not be lost on those that have suffered the consequences of the last nine years of austerity following the 2008 financial crisis that the newly appointed chancellor profited from the greed that contributed to it.”
Demanding that Javid publish his tax returns, McDonnell questioned whether the chancellor benefited from a tax avoidance scheme while at Deutsche Bank. The Mail on Sunday reported in 2014 that Javid opted into a scheme known as “dark blue” that channelled bankers’ bonus payments through the Cayman Islands.
- "I will go no further in discussing the details of the accusations against Mr Assange either in the UK’s criminal justice system or in the US, but I am pleased that the situation in the Ecuadorean embassy has finally been brought to an end. Mr Assange will now have the opportunity to contest the charge against him in open court and to have any extradition request considered by the judiciary. It is right that we implement the judicial process fairly and consistently, with due respect for equality before the law. I commend this statement to the House."
Extradition warrant signed
Speaking on BBC Radio 4's Today Programme on Thursday, 13 June 2019, Javid said:
- “He’s rightly behind bars. There an extradition request from the US that is before the courts tomorrow but yesterday I signed the extradition order and certified it and that will be going in front of the courts tomorrow.”
Javid’s decision opens the way to the court sending the WikiLeaks founder to America. He said:
- “It is a decision ultimately for the courts, but there is a very important part of it for the Home Secretary and I want to see justice done at all times and we’ve got a legitimate extradition request, so I’ve signed it, but the final decision is now with the courts.”
On the same programme, Sajid Javid was asked why Downing Street rejected a request from his office to attend last week's lavish state banquet for Donald Trump at Buckingham Palace. He replied:
- "I don't know. I've asked but I was just told that normally Home Secretaries aren't invited so I don't know."
Climate change protesters
|Document:Did Canadian taxpayers foot Islamic State’s recruitment bill||Article||5 November 2015||Tony Gosling||Pieces in the secret service puzzle, such as how the girls were persuaded to get on the flight to Istanbul and how Canadian intelligence knew where and when they would be arriving remain unanswered. And this systematic failure of London’s media to report the key facts in this story begs the question: why have we not been told the full story?|
|Document:Government set to defy JCVI advice and vaccinate healthy children 'from next week'||Wikispooks Page||4 September 2021||Daisy Stephens||In spite of the recommendations made by the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation, the British government is set to roll out COVID-19/Vaccines for children aged 12 to 15.|
|Document:Has the Elite’s Slavish pro-Israel Agenda Finally Gone Too Far||Blog post||25 February 2019||Craig Murray||Israeli destruction of Palestinian olive trees in the occupied territories is almost as heinous as the continuing killing and imprisonment of Palestinian children. Every morning ask yourself this question: "How many children has the Israeli “Defence” Force killed since the MSM last reported one?"|
|Document:Who is Sajid Javid? An everyday tale of Hedge Funds and Financial Intrigue||Article||25 July 2019||George Kerevan||Sajid Javid presents himself as the upwardly mobile son of a Pakistani bus driver. In reality, he is a culpable agent of global finance capital and its hedge fund pirates. At heart, they are opposed to all forms of international financial regulation – hence their support for Brexit.|
- "Ex-banker Sajid Javid wants to give banks big tax cuts. Surprised?"
- Document:Who is Sajid Javid? An everyday tale of Hedge Funds and Financial Intrigue
- "No change, then – except a new face to run the drive to give NHS to US corporations – as recipient of donations from health companies takes over role"
- "Has Sajid Javid cut his ties with JP Morgan and C3ai?"
- "Sajid Javid's Wonderful Life – from investment banker to culture minister"
- "Tory contest: gag of the day"
- "Prime Minister Boris Johnson: Who's in his cabinet?"
- "Sajid Javid resigns as chancellor in Boris Johnson reshuffle"
- "John McDonnell questions chancellor's suitability for office"
- "New Tory star in hypocrisy storm over tax avoidance ploy as a £3m City banker"
- "Javid’s decision on Shamima Begum demeans his office"
- "Sajid Javid – 2019 Statement on Arrest of Julian Assange"
- "Sajid Javid signs US extradition order for Julian Assange"
- "Sajid Javid says Downing Street rejected request to attend Trump state banquet"
- "Sajid Javid urges police to use 'full force of the law' against climate change protesters"