| Udo Ulfkotte |
(Editor, Journalist, whistleblower?)
Lippstadt, West Germany
|Died||13 January 2017 (Age 56)|
|Alma mater||University of Freiburg|
|Exposed||Corporate media/Deep state control|
|Member of||Marshall Memorial Fellowship|
|Victim of||premature death|
Former editor of a German broadsheet who exposed press corruption while also subscribing to Islamophobic views.
Dr. Udo Ulfkotte was an editor of the German broadsheet, the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, who was at times given access to classified information for his books. He was a member of Stop Islamisation of Europe and founder of Pax Europa.
|Ulfkotte speaks on RT about how the European media wrote pro-US stories under CIA pressure|
Ulfkotte had a successful career in one of the main German corporate media outlets, in the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. He was courted by the CIA when he was selected a Marshall Memorial Fellow some time in the 1980s.
In 1991, Ulfkotte reported that large quantities of uranium were on sale in the Mozambican capital Maputo. The Mozambican ambassador denied the claim saying Ulfkotte had damaged Mozambique's image internationally "at a time when democracy has already become a reality."
In 1994, Ulfkotte claimed in an interview with CNN to have witnessed four Iraqi republican guard divisions moving towards Kuwait.Ulfkotte's was the first eyewitness account of the troop movements, which led to a US build-up in response, and which coincided with UN speech attacking sanctions by Tariq Aziz, and with reports of a failed uprising by the Iraqi military. Iraq's UN ambassador said they were moving their troops within their own territory and not posing a threat ot anyone.
Ulfkotte was reportedly given unprecedented access to the files of Germany's Bundesnachrichtendienst (BND) spy agency for a 1997 book on the service. Chancellor Helmut Kohl and the BND were reportedly unhappy with the results. Among Ulfkotte's claims was that Boris Yeltsin was offered German medical help in order to monitor his condition.
During his research for the book, Ulfkotte claimed to have uncovered US Secret Service documents which showed that 1940s bandleader Glen Miller died not, as previously thought, in a plane crash, but in a Paris brothel.Miller's former pilot disputed the claim, suggesting it would have been impossible for him to reach Paris at the time suggested.A subsequent report suggested Miller's plane was downed by friendly fire and noted: "The main function of the Secret Service is to protect the life of the president and his family. Its only other job is to protect the integrity of the U.S. currency (counterfeiting)."
Ulfkotte was one of the organisers of an anti-Islam demonstration in Brussels on 11 September 2007, which was banned by the city's mayor. Ulfkotte reportedly attempted to cancel the event because he "was was not happy with the fact that the far-Right was increasingly usurping the demonstration." However, British and Danish co-organisers said they intended to go ahead.
In 2014 Ulfkotte published Gekaufte Journalisten (Bought Journalists). In the book, he admitted to planting stories in the media for the CIA or other intelligence agencies and stated that the corruption of journalists and major news outlets by the CIA is routine, accepted, and widespread in the western commercially-controlled media, and that those who do not comply either cannot get jobs at any news organization, or find their careers cut short.
Suppressed English translation: Bought Journalists
"On May 15, 2017 Next Revelation Press, an imprint of US-Canadian-based publisher Tayen Lane, released the English version of Bought Journalists, under the title, Journalists for Hire: How the CIA Buys the News." "The English translation of German journalist Udo Ulfkotte’s best-selling book, Gekaufte Journalisten (Bought Journalists) appears to have been suppressed throughout North America and Europe." In April 2018, it was selling for around $1000 a copy on Amazon. Tayen Lane has since removed any reference to the title from its website.  In June 2019, the book had 22 Amazon reviews, all 5/5 stars, and used copies were on sale for $910.99. James Tracy, among others, says the book has been suppressed.
The translation of the book has apparently been done a second time and another book by the name: "Presstitutes Embedded in the Pay of the CIA: A Confession from the Profession" has been released in late 2019.
It can be argued that his view on how the media is controlled is outdated, other researchers, such as Krüger, Müller, Lueg, Jaworski, Stern and Stremme, Husting and Orr, have positioned that direct control of journalists is not the main method anymore, but control instead is represented by a kind of Darwinian selection process. Those "fittest for the job" survive by a top-down controlled process influenced by their socialization, schooling, class consciousness, higher education, etc.
|Ulfkotte holds a lecture in 2015 telling how he was bought as a journalist and how he was tied to intelligence services.|
"When I told the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung that I would publish the book, their lawyers sent me a letter threatening with all legal consequences if I would publish any names or secrets – but I don’t mind. You see, I don’t have children to take care of. And you must know I was severely injured during the gas attack I witnessed in Iran in 1988. I’m the sole German survivor from a German poison gas attack. I’m still suffering from this. I’ve had three heart attacks. I don’t expect to live for more than a few years."
Ulfkotte reportedly died from a heart attack on 13 January 2017 at the age of 56, after a history of heart trouble. He himself said his lethal heart problems were caused by exposure to chemical weapons during the Iran-Iraq War
A Quote by Udo Ulfkotte
|Marshall Memorial Fellowship||“I was invited by the think-tank The German Marshall Fund of the United States as a fellow. I was to visit the United States for six weeks. It was fully paid. During these six weeks I could...this think-tank has very close connections to the CIA, to this day, they acquired contacts in the CIA for me and they got me access to American politicians, to everyone I wanted. Above all, they showered me with gifts.|
There one told me, they knew exactly, 'hello, you were [earlier] on a diving course in Oman...' The CIA knew very precisely. And the CIA also gave me something: The diving gear. I received the diving gear in the United States, and I received an invitation from the state of Oklahoma from the governor. I went there. It was a small ceremony, and I received an honorary citizenship.
I am now honorary citizen of an American state. And in this, it is written that I will only cover the US positively. I accepted this honorary citizenship and was quite proud over it. I proudly told about it to a colleague who worked in the US. He said 'Ha, I already have 31 of these honorary citizenships!' I don't tell about this to be witty, today I am ashamed, really.
|Document:Has Udo Ulfkotte been bumped off||Blog post||14 January 2017||Hadmut Danisch|
- ↑ Organizers of banned anti-Islam march to sue Brussels mayor, BBC Monitoring Europe - Political, 14 August 2007. Source: Text of report by Belgian newspaper De Standaard website on 14 August.
- ↑ MOZAMBIQUE: AMBASSADOR TO BONN REFUTES URANIUM-ON-SALE REPORT, Inter Press Service, 22 July 1991.
- ↑ Observer Reports Iraqi Troops Are Moving Toward Kuwait, CNN NEWS 4:29 pm ET, 7 October 1994.
- ↑ By Mona Ziade, Associated Press Worldstream, 8 October 1994.
- ↑ Spy book reveals Bonn 'bunglers', The Ottawa Citizen, 15 July 1997.
- ↑ Glenn Miller 'died in Paris prostitute's bed', by Deborah Collcutt, The Times, 14 July 1997.
- ↑ Military Notes; Retired pilot disputes report on manner of Glen Miller's death, by Frank Perkins, Fort Worth Star-Telegram (Texas), 15 July 1997.
- ↑ Friendly fire probably downed Glenn Miller's plane, Sunday News (LANCASTER, PA.), 20 July 1997.
- ↑ Danish, British organizers plan to defy Belgian ban on anti-Islamic 9/11 march, BBC Monitoring Europe - Political, 11 September 2007. Source: Text of report by Belgian newspaper De Standaard website on 8 September.
- ↑ http://www.globalresearch.ca/english-translation-of-udo-ulfkottes-bought-journalists-suppressed/5601857
- ↑ http://thedeepstate.com/udo-ulfkottes-bought-journalists/
- ↑ http://www.globalresearch.ca/editor-of-major-german-newspaper-says-he-planted-stories-for-the-cia/5429324
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20160821030515/http://www.tayenlane.com/bought-journalists saved at Archive.is
- ↑ a b http://informationclearinghouse.info/47560.htm
- ↑ https://alethonews.wordpress.com/2018/01/08/english-translation-of-udo-ulfkottes-bought-journalists-suppressed/
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/save/https://www.amazon.com/Journalists-Hire-Buys-Ulfkotte-Ph-D/dp/B01B98LPH8/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=journalists+for+hire&qid=1559576257&s=gateway&sr=8-1
- ↑ https://off-guardian.org/2018/01/08/english-translation-of-udo-ulfkottes-bought-journalists-suppressed/
- ↑ https://off-guardian.org/2018/01/19/bought-journalists-an-introduction-to-ulfkottes-censored-book/
- ↑ https://www.amazon.com/Presstitutes-Embedded-Pay-CIA-Confession/dp/1615770178 saved at Archive.is
- ↑ https://www.lobster-magazine.co.uk/free/lobster80/lob80-presstitutes-cia.pdf
- ↑ Krüger, U. "Meinungsmacht – Der Einfluss von Eliten auf Leitmedien und Alpha-Journalisten – eine kritische Netzwerkanalyse”, Dissertation, Köln 2013, http://www.halem-verlag.de/2013/meinungsmacht-und-elite-journalismus/
- ↑ Müller, A. "Darf man von Gleichschaltung der Medien sprechen? Und davon, dass die Demokratie höchst gefährdet ist?", accessed Feb 19, 2015, http://www.nachdenkseiten.de/?p=21735
- ↑ Lueg, K. "Habitus, Herkunft und Positionierung: Die Logik des journalistischen Feldes" (2012) Dissertation TH Darmstadt, http://www.heise.de/tp/artikel/36/36575/1.html (review)
- ↑ Jaworski, Stern and Stremme blog on psychological aspects of media manipulation, http://www.maskenfall.de/?page_id=683, on missrepresentation of Krügers Dissertation on German TV: http://www.maskenfall.de/?p=5239
- ↑ Husting, G. and Orr, M. (2007), Dangerous Machinery: “Conspiracy Theorist” as a Transpersonal Strategy of Exclusion. Symbolic Interaction, 30: 127–150. doi: 10.1525/si.2007.30.2.127
- ↑ https://wikispooks.com/wiki/File:OffGuardian_current_state_of_press.png
- ↑ Herman, E. and Chomsky, N. (1988) “A Propaganda Model” in: Media and Cultural Studies, Revised Edition, Meenakshi Gigi Durham and Douglas M. Kellner (Eds.), Blackwell 2006, p. 257-295, http://www.rasaneh.org/Images/News/AtachFile/19-10-1390/FILE634617983141947500.pdf
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20150921222753/http://www.regentreff.de/kongress-f%C3%BCr-grenzwissen-2015/ saved at Archive.is
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20170830233322/https://nuoviso.tv/home/kongresse/gekaufte-journalisten-udo-ulfkotte/
- ↑ https://youtu.be/3ZLgW3hgRBY
- ↑ http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/literatur/udo-ulfkotte-umstrittener-publizist-und-ehemaliger-faz-journalist-ist-tot-a-1130008.html