|Born||Michael Richard Pompeo|
30 December 1963
Orange, California, U.S.
|Alma mater||United States Military Academy, Harvard University|
Mike Pompeo succeeded Rex Tillerson as US Secretary of State having been nominated by President Donald Trump in March 2018. Mike Pompeo was confirmed by the US Senate on 26 April 2018, in a 57–42 vote and was sworn in the same day.
Tea Party politician
On 18 November 2016, Breitbart News published "ten things you did not know about Rep. Mike Pompeo".
Having served as a Kansas representative on the Republican National Committee, Mike Pompeo was selected by President-elect Donald Trump in November 2016 to be Director of the Central Intelligence Agency.
Lying about Khan Sheikhun
In July 2017, Ludwig De Braeckeleer on Intel Today alleged that the then CIA Director was obviously lying when he said that he had assembled “a couple hundred folks at the Agency” in order to solve the Khan Sheikhun chemical attack in less than 24 hours. Mike Pompeo had said in a speech:
- "I’ve now spent six months nearly working for President Trump. He is a demanding customer, and frankly, we like it that way. It shows he depends on us and values what we do. Let me give you a brief example to illustrate that point.
- "Back in April one afternoon, I got a call from the president. He wants to talk about some disturbing images that he saw coming in from Syria. I’m sure you saw many of them yourselves, scenes of innocent civilians writhing in agony, the apparent victims of chemical weapon attacks. The president had a very direct message for me. He wanted to know exactly what had happened and he wants to know quickly. So, we assembled a crack team — a couple hundred folks at the Agency — to begin to diagnose and understand what had taken place. They began piecing together evidence, working closely with some outstanding partners from across the Intelligence Community.
- "The next day the president called the cabinet together. Then he turned to me and asked what we had learned. Several of us shared what we now knew. I told them that the intelligence community had concluded that chemical weapons had indeed been used in the attack and launched by the Syrian regime."
De Braekeleer commented:
- "As soon as I heard that part of the speech, I felt something was wrong: ‘You can’t produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant.’
- "And you sure cannot produce a complex intelligence report in less than 24 hours by assembling 200 analysts…"
No facts, please!
In October 2018, US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, says neither he or the Saudi government want to discuss the facts when asked whether missing journalist Jamal Khashoggi is alive or dead. Pompeo was speaking to reporters before a meeting with Turkey's president, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.
Event Participated in
|Bilderberg/2019||30 May 2019||2 June 2019||Montreux|
Hotel Montreux Palace
|The 67th Bilderberg Meeting|
|Document:Outside In: The Trump Administration’s Plan to Remake the Middle East||Article||10 October 2018||Ted Snider||Benjamin Netanyahu refers to his doctrine as Outside In: first you pacify the Outside and ally with the Sunni Arab states (Egypt and Saudi Arabia) outside of Israel, then, in exchange, you extract a peace plan out of them that you then impose Inside on a Palestine now devoid of allies and leave it helpless to hold out against a peace plan forced on the Palestinians by Donald Trump.|
|Document:The Broader View Reveals the Ugliest of Prospects||blog post||17 June 2019||Craig Murray||I find it hard to believe that I live in times where Julian Assange suffers as he does for telling the truth, where a dedicated anti-racist like Jeremy Corbyn is subjected to daily false accusations of racism and to US and security service backed efforts to thwart his democratic prospects, where the most laughable false flag is paraded to move us towards war with Iran, and where there is no semblance of a genuinely independent media.|
|Document:The Gulf of Credibility||blog post||14 June 2019||Craig Murray||That Iran would target a Japanese ship and a friendly Russian crewed ship is a ludicrous allegation|
|Document:The plot to keep Corbyn out of power||blog post||3 July 2019||Jonathan Cook||The weaponisation of anti-semitism against Corbyn has become so normal that, even while I was writing this post, a new nadir was reached. Jeremy Hunt, the foreign secretary who hopes to defeat Boris Johnson in the upcoming Tory leadership race, as good as accused Corbyn of being a new Hitler, a man who as prime minister might allow Jews to be exterminated, just as occurred in the Nazi death camps.|
|Document:Trump targets Corbyn in UK election intervention||Article||2 November 2019||Laura Tiernan||Donald Trump’s interview shows that Mike Pompeo’s threatened “push back” is far advanced. If Trump is willing to make such anti-democratic public pronouncements against the leader of Her Majesty’s opposition, what are they discussing—and preparing—behind the scenes?|
- "Trump fires Tillerson as secretary of state". March 13, 2018 – via www.bbc.co.uk.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "plain text").
- "Mike Pompeo confirmed as secretary of state, in a move Republicans hope will rebuild morale at the State Department". Washington Post. Retrieved April 26, 2018.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "plain text").
- Harris, Gardiner; Kaplan, Thomas (April 26, 2018). "Mike Pompeo, Confirmed as Secretary of State, Plans to Quickly Head to Europe". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved April 26, 2018.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "plain text").
- "Mike Pompeo confirmed as secretary of state". Retrieved April 26, 2018.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "plain text").
- Fox, Lauren; Walsh, Deirdre; Koran, Laura (April 26, 2018). "Mike Pompeo sworn in as Trump's second secretary of state". CNN. Retrieved April 26, 2018.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "plain text").
- Profile, nationalreview.com; accessed October 21, 2015.
- "Senator Roberts survives Tea Party challenge", foxnews.com; accessed October 21, 2015.
- "Ten things you did not know about Rep. Mike Pompeo"
- Office of the President Elect and of the Vice President Elect. "President-Elect Donald J. Trump Selects U.S. Senator Jeff Sessions for Attorney General, Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn as Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs and U.S. Rep. Mike Pompeo as Director of the Central Intelligence Agency". Press release. https://www.greatagain.gov/news/president-elect-donald-j-trump-selects-us-senator-jeff-sessions-attorney-general-lt-gen-michael.html. Retrieved 2016-11-18.
- "Former CIA Director Mike Morell: 'CIA Needs Help and Time to Understand Saudi Missing Journalist Case.' Where is Pompeo Crack Team?"