| Benjamin Netanyahu |
(Spook, Author, Businessman, Politician, Deep Politician, “terror expert”)
21 October 1949
Tel Aviv, Israel
|Alma mater||Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Harvard University|
|Parents|| • Benzion Netanyahu|
• Tzila Segal
|Children|| • Noa Avner|
|Interest of||Sheldon Adelson|
On 12 September 2002, Netanyahu testified under oath (as a private citizen) before the U.S. House of Representatives' "Committee on Oversight and Government Reform" about the nuclear threat posed by the Iraqi régime.
Six months later the United States, Britain and the coalition of the willing launched the Iraq War on the (false) premise that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction (WMDs) and that Saddam Hussein's government posed an imminent threat to the United States and its coalition allies.
- “President-elect Trump is a true friend of the state of Israel. We will work together to advance the security, stability and peace in our region. The strong connection between the United States and Israel is based on shared values, shared interests and a shared destiny."
Binyamin Netanyahu joined the Israel Defence Forces shortly after the Six-Day War in 1967 and became a team leader in the Sayeret Matkal special forces unit. He took part in many missions, including Operation Inferno (1968), Operation Gift (1968) and Operation Isotope (1972), during which he was shot in the shoulder. He fought on the front lines in the War of Attrition and the Yom Kippur War in 1973, taking part in special forces raids along the Suez Canal, and then leading a commando assault deep into Syrian territory. He achieved the rank of captain before being discharged.
After graduating from MIT, he was recruited as an economic consultant for the Boston Consulting Group. He returned to Israel in 1978 to found the Yonatan Netanyahu Anti-Terror Institute, named after his brother Yonatan, who died leading the July 1976 Operation Entebbe. In 1979 this groupconvened the Jerusalem Conference on International Terrorism, which established the direction of the deep state "war on terror" project. In the 1980s this project was to framed the discourse about "terrorism" and "counter-terrorism" to try to legitimize actions taken by the Israel government against Palestinians. Binyamin Netanyahu was the Israeli Ambassador to the United Nations from 1984 to 1988.
Netanyahu became the leader of the Likud party in 1993 and won the 1996 elections, becoming Israel's youngest ever Prime Minister, serving his first term from June 1996 to July 1999. He moved from the political arena to the private sector after being defeated in the 1999 election for prime minister by Ehud Barak. Netanyahu returned to politics in 2002 as Foreign Affairs Minister (2002–03) and Finance Minister (2003–05) in Ariel Sharon's governments, but he departed the government over disagreements regarding the Gaza disengagement plan. As Minister of Finance, Netanyahu engaged in a major reform of the Israeli economy, which was credited by commentators as having significantly improved Israel's subsequent economic performance. He retook the Likud leadership in December 2005, after Sharon left to form a new party, Kadima. In December 2006, Netanyahu became the official Leader of the Opposition in the Knesset and Chairman of Likud. Following the 2009 parliamentary election, in which Likud placed second and right-wing parties won a majority, Netanyahu formed a coalition government. After the victory in the 2013 elections, he became the second person to be elected to the position of Prime Minister for a third term, after Israel's founder David Ben-Gurion. In March 2015, Netanyahu was elected to his fourth term as prime minister.
Following its launch in August 2015, a petition to the UK Government and Parliament was signed by over 100,000 people calling for Benjamin Netanyahu to be arrested for war crimes when he holds talks in London this September: "Under international law Netanyahu should be arrested for war crimes upon arrival in the UK for the massacre of over 2000 civilians in 2014." None of the commercially-controlled media covered the story.
Once the petition reached 10,000 signers, the UK Government was obliged to respond, saying:
- "Under UK and international law, certain holders of high-ranking office in a State, including Heads of State, Heads of Government and Ministers for Foreign Affairs are entitled to immunity, which includes inviolability and complete immunity from criminal jurisdiction."
On 5 September 2015, The Times of Israel reported:
- A petition on the British Parliament’s website urging the UK to arrest Netanyahu for “war crimes” has received more than 100,000 signatures, making the matter eligible for debate by lawmakers. The campaign reached its target on Saturday morning. Netanyahu will visit London this coming week for talks with British counterpart David Cameron. The two prime ministers are expected to discuss regional issues, with an emphasis on the Iran nuclear deal reached between world powers and Tehran on July 14. British officials told Channel 2 that Cameron plans to discuss the situation in the Gaza Strip, stalled Israeli-Palestinian peace talks, and the Syrian civil war.
The Petitions Committee met on 8 September 2015 and reported:
- "Because the Government said in its response that the request made by the petition was something that it was not able to do under UK and international law, the Committee agreed that it would not take any further action on the petition. It is still open to MPs who want a debate on this issue to find other opportunities, such as an application to the Backbench Business Committee."
On 9 September 2015, hundreds of protesters blocked the road outside 10 Downing Street as David Cameron met his "close friend" Benjamin Netanyahu. They included many Jews showing solidarity with the Palestinian people, and who also objected to Netanyahu's belief that Israel represents all of world Jewry.
Books and articles
- A Durable Peace: Israel and Its Place Among the Nations (Warner Books, 2000) ISBN 0-446-52306-2
- Fighting Terrorism: How Democracies Can Defeat Domestic And International Terrorism (Diane Pub Co, 1995) ISBN 0-7881-5514-8
- A Place Among the Nations (Bantam, 1993) ISBN 0-553-08974-9
- Terrorism: How the West Can Win (Farrar Straus & Giroux, 1986) ISBN 0-374-27342-1
Neocon Europe, Benjamin Netanyahu, Accessed 13-March-2009
A Quote by Benjamin Netanyahu
|"9-11/Israel did it"||“We are benefiting from one thing, and that is the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq," Ma'ariv quoted the former prime minister as saying. He reportedly added that these events "swung American public opinion in our favor."”||Haaretz|
|Mati Kochavi||“The memory of the Holocaust outside of Israel is disappearing,” Mr. Kochavi said in an interview. “We thought, let’s do something really disruptive. We found the journal and said, ‘Let’s assume that instead of pen and paper Eva had a smartphone and documented what was happening to her.’ So we brought a smartphone to 1944.” The buzz around the project has been intense. Even before the fictional Instagram account was activated, it had more than 200,000 followers, the result of an aggressive marketing campaign involving billboards and online promotions by celebrity social media influencers. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu endorsed the project.”||Mati Kochavi||30 April 2019|
|Jerusalem Conference on International Terrorism||Israel|
|The birthplace of the "War on Terror" doctrine, "a major international forum for the movement against détente".|
Events Participated in
|Jerusalem Conference on International Terrorism||2 July 1979||5 July 1979||Israel|
|The birthplace of the "War on Terror" doctrine, "a major international forum for the movement against détente".|
|Washington Conference on International Terrorism||24 June 1984||27 June 1984||US|
|A key conference in establishing the "War On Terror", 5 years after the seminal Jerusalem Conference on International Terrorism|
|Document:After Mossad Targeted Soleimani, Trump Pulled the Trigger||Article||3 January 2020||Jefferson Morley||Donald Trump has now fulfilled the wishes of Mossad. After proclaiming his intention to end America’s “stupid endless wars,” the president has effectively declared war on the largest country in the region in solidarity with Israel, the most unpopular country in the Middle East.|
|Document:Anatomy of a Scandal: Israel Crucifies Corbyn||Article||14 August 2014||Michael W. Howard||"Tom Watson has it backward: the 'eternal shame and embarrassment' come when Labour, swallowing whatever pride it has left, meekly submits to being harassed and blackmailed by a foreign power and its vulgar propagandists. Jeremy Corbyn, it seems, is gearing up to do just that. Chalk one up for Goebbels."|
|Document:David Cameron in the Knesset. March 2014||article||26 March 2014||Francis Carr Begbie||A brief run down on the espionage involvement of Israeli firms active in the UK and US on the occasion of the visit of UK PM David Cameron to Israel on 12 March 2014|
|Document:Exclusive: I Can Reveal the Legal Advice on Drone Strikes, and How the Establishment Works||article||9 September 2015||Craig Murray||Craig Murray reveals how Sir Daniel Bethlehem continues to bring a Zionist perspective to any legal advice emanating from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office|
|Document:Gaza massacre should be a turning point for British Jews||blog post||16 May 2018||Aron Keller||The 2018 Gaza Massacre represents a turning point which eliminates any existing moral ambiguity around Israel’s treatment of the Palestinians. The sheer scale of the bloodshed makes the cognitive dissonance required for any decent individual to absolve Israel of culpability too difficult to sustain.|
|Document:Guardian cartoonist Steve Bell accused of anti-Semitism over Razan al-Najjar image||Article||7 June 2018||Mike Sivier||Mrs May couldn’t care any less about the death of this young woman than Mr Netanyahu – she is deeply in cahoots with the Israeli government|
|Document:Israel Stooges Freak Out over Baroness Jenny's Remarks - Again||Article||3 November 2018||Stuart Littlewood||Baroness Jenny Tonge: "The Pittsburgh synagogue shooting was an absolutely appalling and a criminal act, but does it ever occur to Bibi and the present Israeli government that its actions against Palestinians may be reigniting anti-Semitism? I suppose someone will say that it is anti-Semitic to say so?"|
|Document:Murdoch's Deeply Hidden Jewish Roots||Article||16 July 2011||Christopher Bollyn||“For some reason, Keith Rupert Murdoch has always tried to hide the fact that his pious mother, Elisabeth Joy Murdoch (née Greene), brought him up as a Jew.”|
|Document:Outside In: The Trump Administration’s Plan to Remake the Middle East||Article||10 October 2018||Ted Snider||Benjamin Netanyahu refers to his doctrine as Outside In: first you pacify the Outside and ally with the Sunni Arab states (Egypt and Saudi Arabia) outside of Israel, then, in exchange, you extract a peace plan out of them that you then impose Inside on a Palestine now devoid of allies and leave it helpless to hold out against a peace plan forced on the Palestinians by Donald Trump.|
|Document:The method in Netanyahu's madness||speech||18 July 2011||Jonathan Cook|
|Document:Trump Set to Recognise Israel’s Claim to Occupied Golan Heights and its Sizeable Oil Reserves||Article||26 May 2018||Whitney Webb||Given that Genie Energy’s contract to conduct exploratory drilling in the Golan Heights expires this year, its investors are in urgent need of a way to extract and sell the region’s oil – and a US decision on Israel’s claim to the Golan Heights could be just the answer to the company’s problems.|
|Document:Trump said to deprecate Netanyahu's intention to bump off Assad||Article||1 September 2017||Eric Zuesse||Better wait until my fundamentalist VP is in place, Benny boy!|
|Document:Under Trump, the Israel lobby is a Hydra with many heads||Article||30 May 2018||Jonathan Cook||Since Trump took office, the Israel lobby has mobilised four other powerful lobbies: Christian evangelicals, the alt-right, the military-industrial complex and Saudi Arabia|
- The Enduring Influence of Benjamin Netanyahu's Father Judy Dempsey, 3 May 2012, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- David Remnick (23 January 2013). "Bibi's Blues". The New Yorker.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "Scribunto").
- "Netanyahu was wrong about Iraq having nuclear weapons"
- "In Their Own Words: Iraq's 'Imminent' Threat"
- "Trump has 'every intention' of recognising Jerusalem as Israel's capital"
- Amir Buhbut, "Sayeret Matkal is 50 years old"
- Saving Sergeant Netanyahu By Mitch Ginsburg, 25 October 2012, Times of Israel
- Likud Leaders, by Thomas G. Mitchell, (McFarland 2015), Chapter 10
- Hoffman, Gil (10 February 2009). "Kadima wins, but rightist bloc biggest". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 17 June 2012.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "Scribunto").
- "Netanyahu sworn in as Israel's prime minister". Haaretz. 31 March 2009. Retrieved 10 March 2013.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "Scribunto").
- Heller, Jeffrey (31 March 2009). "Netanyahu sworn in as Israeli prime minister". Reuters. Retrieved 10 March 2013.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "Scribunto").
- “Is This Ship Sinking?” Inside the Collapse of the Campaign Against Netanyahu 20 March 2015, New Yorker
- "Can Binyamin Netanyahu win again?" 14 March 2015 | Jerusalem, The Economist
- "Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Wins Re-Election, Becomes Israel's Longest-Serving Prime Minister"
- "Benjamin Netanyahu to be arrested for war crimes when he arrives in London"
- "UK Government response"
- "Netanyahu arrest up for debate as UK petition hits target"
- "What happened when the war criminal Benjamin Netanyahu came to town?"