| Francis Boyle |
Francis Anthony Boyle (born 1950) is a professor of international law at the University of Illinois College of Law. Professor Boyle was responsible for drafting the Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989, the American implementing legislation for the 1972 Biological Weapons Convention. He served on the Board of Directors of Amnesty International (1988-1992), and represented Bosnia - Herzegovina at the World Court. In the early 1990s, Boyle represented Colonel Gaddafi at the World Court in a successful legal case which restrained the United States and Britain from taking military action against Libya over spurious allegations that Gaddafi was responsible for the Lockerbie bombing.
In 2006, Boyle submitted a proposal for the Iranian government to sue the United States, Britain, France, Germany, Israel and several other European states at the International Court of Justice (ICJ) at The Hague to stop any further sanctions being taken against Iran. In an interview for Iran Review published on 6 April 2013, Boyle renewed the proposal for legal action at the ICJ and sought Iran's authority to file the lawsuits as soon as possible.
Professor Boyle is also the author of "Biowarfare and Terrorism", which outlines how and why the United States government initiated, sustained and then dramatically expanded an illegal biological arms buildup. In 2014 Boyle alleged that the Ebola outbreak in West Africa resulted from US bio-warfare laboratories located there and maintained the virus had been weaponised:
- "I have absolute proof from a Pentagon document that the Center of Disease Control (CDC) was doing bio-warfare work for the Pentagon in Sierra Leone, the heart of the outbreak, as early as 1988. Why would they do that? As I suggested to try to circumvent the Biological Weapons Convention to which the US government is a party. So, always bio-warriors do use offensive and defensive bio-warfare work, violating the Biological Weapons Convention. So effectively they try to offshore it into West Africa where Liberia is not a party and Guinea is not a party. Sierra Leone is a party. But in Sierra Leone and Liberia there were disturbances which kept the world from really paying attention of what was going on in these labs."
In February 2016, Prof. Boyle revealed the Zika virus has been souped up as a bioweapon by world governments and by non-governmental organisations (NGOs).
- 1 Background and legal work
- 2 Activism and views
- 2.1 Amnesty International
- 2.2 US foreign policy since 9/11
- 2.3 Federal Government of the United States
- 2.4 Hawaiian Sovereignty Movement
- 2.5 Iran
- 2.6 Israel
- 2.7 Libya
- 2.8 Ukraine
- 3 A Document by Francis Boyle
- 4 References
- 5 See also
- 6 External resources
Background and legal work
Boyle serves as counsel to Bosnia and Herzegovina and to the Provisional Government of the Palestinian Authority. He also represents two associations of citizens within Bosnia and was involved in developing the indictment against Slobodan Milosevic for committing genocide, crimes against humanity, and war crimes in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Over his career, he has represented national and international bodies including the Blackfoot Nation (Canada), the Nation of Hawaii, and the Lakota Nation, as well as numerous individual death penalty and human rights cases. He has advised numerous international bodies in the areas of human rights, war crimes and genocide, nuclear policy, and bio-warfare. From 1991-92, Boyle served as Legal Advisor to the Palestinian Delegation to the Middle East Peace Negotiations. He also served on the Board of Directors of Amnesty International, as a consultant to the American Friends Service Committee, and on the Advisory Board for the Council for Responsible Genetics. He drafted the U.S. domestic implementing legislation for the Biological Weapons Convention, known as the Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989, that was approved unanimously by both Houses of the U.S. Congress and signed into law by President George H. W. Bush.
Activism and views
As member of the board of Amnesty International USA at the end of the 1980s and early 1990s, he claimed that Amnesty International USA acted in ways closely related to United States foreign policy interests. He stated that Amnesty, along with other human rights organisations in the US, failed sufficiently to criticise the Sabra and Shatila Massacre in Lebanon. Boyle stated his suspicion that the International Secretariat of Amnesty International, based geographically in London, United Kingdom, was also subject to this bias. He attributes the alleged links between Amnesty International and US and UK foreign policy interests to the relatively large financial contribution of Amnesty International USA to AI's international budget, which he estimated at 20%. Boyle also stated that Amnesty international was instrumental in publicising the "Nurse Nayirah (Iraqi soldiers dumping children from incubators in Kuwait) hoax". Boyle also claimed that aspects of organisational continuity and survival came ahead of human rights aims in Amnesty International. He stated "Amnesty International is primarily motivated not by human rights but by publicity. Second comes money. Third comes getting more members. Fourth, internal turf battles. And then finally, human rights, genuine human rights concerns."
US foreign policy since 9/11
Boyle was a harsh critic of the foreign policy of former American President George W Bush. In 2007 Boyle denounced the "ongoing criminal activities perpetrated by the Bush Jr. administration and its nefarious foreign accomplices in allied governments such as in Britain, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Georgia, etc." He also claimed that the Bush administration "would welcome the outbreak of a Third World War" and "is fully prepared to use tactical nuclear weapons against Muslim and Arab states and peoples." He also claimed that American treatment of Muslims and Arabs since the attacks of September 11, 2001 is "almost to the same extent that America inflicted upon the Japanese and Japanese Americans after Pearl Harbor." He concluded his speech by calling on American lawyers to "lead the fight against the Bush Jr. dictatorship."
Boyle has requested that the International Criminal Court Prosecutor obtain International Arrest Warrants for George W Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, George Tenet, Condoleezza Rice, and Alberto Gonzales.
Federal Government of the United States
In October 1992 Boyle participated in the International Tribunal of Indigenous Peoples and Oppressed Nationalities in the United States of America that convened in San Francisco. Boyle, acting as a "Special Prosecutor," petitioned the Tribunal to issue the following:
- "An Order proscribing the Federal Government of the United States of America as an International Criminal Conspiracy and a Criminal organisation under the Nuremberg Charter, Judgment, and Principles;" and
- "An Order dissolving the Federal Government of the United States of America as a legal and political entity."
In the conclusion of a 37-point legal brief, Boyle proclaimed that:
"the Federal Government of the United States is hostis humani generis: the enemy of all humankind! For the good of all humanity, this Tribunal must condemn and repudiate the Federal Government of the United States of America and its grotesque vision of a New World Order that is constructed upon warfare, bloodshed, violence, criminality, genocide, racism, colonialism, apartheid, massive violations of fundamental human rights, and the denial of the international legal right of self-determination to the Indigenous Peoples and Peoples of Color living in North America and elsewhere around the world."
Hawaiian Sovereignty Movement
In 1993, Boyle gave a speech in which he called for Hawaiian independence from the United States.
In December 2004, Boyle stated that the United States is illegally occupying the state of Hawaii and has encouraged Native Hawaiians to press for independence and, if necessary, unilaterally proclaim their own state. In a three-hour speech entitled "The Restoration of Hawaii's Independence," Boyle claimed that the United States has conceded it unlawfully occupied the Kingdom of Hawaii and that fact alone "gives the Kanaka Maoli (Native Hawaiians) the entitlement to restore their independent status as a sovereign nation state." Boyle argued that, like the Palestinians, Hawaiians should "exercise their right of self-determination," instead of asking the permission for it. Boyle stated that "the plight of the Hawaiian people is generally well known in the world and there's a great deal of sympathy." He concluded his speech by stating that "Hawaii should send the strongest message to Washington it can. Letters carry no weight. The number of people in the street do. Gandhi threw the mighty British out of India with peaceful, non-violent force. People power, submit to it."
Boyle, who has been advising Hawaiian independence groups since 1992, has argued that "The legal cause for the restoration of the kingdom is air-tight," In addition to devising a draft constitution for one group, the Nation of Hawaii, Boyle also filed suit in the US Supreme Court in 1998 to demand the restoration of Hawaiian independence and reparations "for all the harm inflicted on the Kingdom of Hawaii". The court later determined that the kingdom "was a non-recognised sovereign that does not have access to the US courts". Boyle susbsequently stated that Hawaiian independence groups will "have to wait until the Kingdom of Hawaii has achieved substantial diplomatic recognition and then I could file something in the international court of justice." Boyle further stated that "Native Hawaiians operate in accordance with the Aloha spirit, which is similar to Mahatma Gandhi's Satyagraha force, and I take the position that if Gandhi can throw the mighty British Empire out of India with Satyagraha, Native Hawaiians can throw the mighty American empire out of Hawaii with Aloha." In a 2008 interview, Boyle restated his confidence that Hawaii will eventually achieve independence from the United States.
Professor Boyle has urged Iran to sue the United States in the International Court of Justice in order to discourage a military strike on Iran's nuclear reactors and prevent the imposition of new sanctions by the UN Security Council. He has also offered to represent Iran and recommended that Iran begin drafting lawsuits for presentation to the International Court of Justice (ICJ).
According to Professor Boyle's proposal, Iran should sue the United States, Britain, and Israel in the World Court, seeking the "international equivalent of a temporary restraining order" to compel the U.S. to abandon threats to attack. Boyle noted that threats to attack Iran violate the UN Charter and that, as in the case of Libya, there is a relevant precedent for effective action by the World Court. Furthermore, Boyle noted that the lawsuit itself could force the commencement of real negotiations between the U.S. and Iran, as it did in the Libyan case:
"If the United States government is not prepared to engage in reasonable direct unconditional good faith negotiations with Iran, then my advice is the Iranian government go forward with these lawsuits...if someone isn't going to talk to you, you sue them. And then they have to talk to you. And indeed it was during the course of the World Court lawsuit proceedings with Libya that the proceedings themselves were used to start negotiating a peaceful resolution of that dispute between the lawyers handling the lawsuit, because there were no diplomatic relations at that time between the United States, Britain, and Libya. So, again, the same could happen here..."
Professor Boyle is a harsh critic of Israel, Zionism, and American foreign policy towards Israel. In May 2008, Boyle offered to "represent Iran in an international tribunal for trying the Zionist regime on charges of genocide of Palestinians", and reportedly demanded that his proposal be submitted to Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei and President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
In 1986, Boyle filed a lawsuit against Israeli General Amos Yaron for alleged involvement in the Sabra and Shatila massacre on behalf of several relatives of victims, but lost when the United States State Department claimed that Yaron could not be tried due to the diplomatic immunity he enjoyed as a military attache to the United States. Boyle countered that under the Nuremberg Principles, there are no privileges and immunities for suspected war criminals, but the court decided that since President Reagan had given Yaron a "formal certification", "this was a political question and the court could not do anything to the contrary". Boyle has since followed all lawsuits against Israelis internationally, and blames "Zionist control and domination of the American judiciary" for the failure of these lawsuits in the United States. Boyle also proposed that the United Nations General Assembly set up the "International Criminal Tribunal for Israel" (ICTI) as a "subsidiary organ" under Article 22 of the UN Charter. His suggestion was endorsed in the UN by Malaysia and Iran, and supported by several dozen Arab and Muslim countries.
Boyle has campaigned for Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions on Israel since first calling for the establishment of the movement in 2000.
Boyle has referred to Israel's blockade of the Gaza Strip as "genocide", and the Gaza War as a "massacre", claiming that Israel's actions raise the element in the Genocide Convention "of murder, torture, and things of that nature", and urged the Obama Administration to force Israel to lift its blockade. In January 2009, Boyle wrote that "Israel’s genocidal policy against the Palestinians has been unremitting, extending from before the very foundation of the State of Israel in 1948... Zionism’s “final solution” to Israel’s much touted “demographic threat” allegedly posed by the very existence of the Palestinians has always been genocide." Following the Gaza War, he advised Palestinian National Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to file a declaration under Article 12, Paragraph 3 of the Rome Statute, requesting the prosecution of Israeli officials.
Boyle has referred to Israeli settlements as "clearly illegal and criminal", and stated that "all these so-called settlers are committing war crimes, except the children, who are obviously not old enough to formulate a criminal intent".
Views on Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton
"Obama was bought and paid for by Zionists. That's why Rahm Emanuel was his chief-of-staff, until just recently, when he decided to run for mayor of Chicago. Emanuel was bought and paid for to be put in there, the same way with Dennis Ross and the White House. Mrs Clinton sold her soul to the Zionists in New York to get elected as senator from New York."
US Media and Higher Education
In interview which aired on Al Jazeera TV on October 26, 2010, Boyle claimed that:
"...all the major US news media sources are Zionist – every one of them. Likewise, higher education, here, in America, has become predominantly Zionist in its orientation, since I entered college in 1968. As a matter of fact, if I were trying to become a professor today, the Zionists would make sure I could not become a professor – exactly as they did to my friend Norman Finkelstein at DePaul University."
Boyle is a sharp critic of pro-Israel scholar Alan Dershowitz, author of The Case for Israel. In a February 2010 interview, Boyle stated that "Dershowitz is not a trained international lawyer" and that "Dershowitz is a prima facie war criminal, who should be prosecuted himself." He also stated that "it would be great to get him out of Harvard Law School - my dis-alma mater - and ship him over to Israel with all the other war criminals over there." In the same interview, Boyle expressed support for other critics of Dershowitz and Israel such as Norman Finkelstein and Israel Shahak.
Prediction of the collapse of Israel
In an article published in Veterans Today, Boyle stated that "God had no right to steal Palestine from the Palestinians and give Palestine to the Jews to begin with. A fortiori the United Nations had no right to steal Palestine from the Palestinians and give Palestine to the Zionists in 1947." In the same article, Boyle predicted that the state of Israel "will continue its rapid descent into pariah state status" and that "When Israel collapses, most Zionists will have already left or will soon leave for other states around the world. The Palestinians will then be able to claim all of the historic Mandate for Palestine as their State, including the entire City of Jerusalem as their Capital."
Regarding a potential peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians, Boyle wrote that "(...) There is no reason for the Palestinians to give the Zionists a new lease on life in Palestine by signing any sort of peace treaty with Israel. (...) The only thing that could save Zionism in Palestine is for the Palestinians to conclude any type of so-called comprehensive Middle East Peace treaty with Israel. It is for precisely that reason then that the Palestinians must sign nothing and let Israel collapse of its own weight over the next two decades. (...)" Boyle has also written that "the Jewish Bantustan (will) collapse of its own racist and genocidal weight over the next two decades if not much sooner. In the meantime, the Palestinians must stall and delay the so-called peace negotiations until then. Time is on their side."
Israel as a "Jewish Bantustan"
In interview which aired on Al-Jazeera TV, October 26, 2010, Boyle stated that Israel is "nothing more than a Jewish Bantustan, set up by the Western colonial powers, in the Middle East, to control and dominate the Middle East at their behest. It is that simple...The British, the Americans, and the French created Israel as a Jewish Bantustan and stuck it there in the heart of Palestine and the Arab world to control and dominate that region of the world."
In an article published in several sources, including the Atlantic Free Press, in October 2010, Boyle suggested that Israel change its name to "Jewistan - The State of the Jews", explaining that:
"Israel has never been anything but a Bantustan for Jews setup in the Middle East by the White racist and genocidal Western colonial imperial powers in order to serve as their racist attack dog and genocidal enforcer against the Arab and Muslim world. From the very moment of Western imperialism's genocidal conception of Israel in 1947-1948, Israel has historically always functioned as Jewistan – the world's Bantustan for the Jews. So Israel might as well finally change its name today to Jewistan, own up to its racist birthright, and make it official for the rest of the world to acknowledge."
He concluded the article by stating:
"In the meantime, the Palestinians should sign nothing with Jewistan/Israel and let this Bantustan for Jews collapse of its own racist and genocidal weight. Good riddance!"
Professor Boyle's latest book Destroying Libya and World Order: The Three-Decade US Campaign to Reverse the Qaddafi Revolution was published on 15 March 2013. A blurb on the Amazon website reads as follows:
It took three decades for the United States government — spanning and working assiduously over five different presidential administrations (Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, and Obama) — to overthrow and reverse the 1969 Gaddafi Revolution in order to resubjugate Libya, seize control over its oil fields, and dismantle its Jamahiriya system. This book tells the story of what happened, why it happened, and what was both wrong and illegal with what happened from the perspective of an international law professor and lawyer who tried for over three decades to stop it. Francis Boyle, who served as Gaddafi's lawyer at the World Court, provides a comprehensive history and critique of American foreign policy toward Libya from when the Reagan administration came to power in January of 1981 up to the NATO war on Libya that ultimately achieved the US goal of regime change. He deals with the repeated series of military conflicts and crises between the United States and Libya over the Gulf of Sidra and the fraudulent US claims of Libyan instigation of international "terrorism" during the eight years of the neoconservative Reagan administration. He reveals the flimsy factual basis and legal machinations behind the Lockerbie bombing allegations against Libya initiated by the Bush administrations I and II. In 2011, under the guise of the UN R2P "responsibility to protect” doctrine newly-contrived to provide legal cover for Western intervention into third world countries, and override the UN Charter commitment to prevention of aggression and state sovereignty, the NATO assault led to 50,000 Libyan casualties and the complete breakdown of law and order. Boyle analyses and debunks the doctrines of R2P and its immediate predecessor, "humanitarian intervention", in accordance with the standard recognised criteria of international law. This book provides an excellent case study of the conduct of US foreign policy as it relations to international law.
Lockerbie: "Justice was never done"
An excerpt from Professor Boyle's book on the same Amazon website reads as follows:
After the Bush Senior administration came to power, in late 1991 they opportunistically accused Libya of somehow being behind the 1988 bombing of the Pan American jet over Lockerbie, Scotland. I advised Libya on this matter from the very outset. Indeed, prior thereto I had predicted to Libya that they were going to be used by the United States government as a convenient scapegoat over Lockerbie for geopolitical reasons. Publicly sensationalising these allegations, in early 1992 President Bush Senior then mobilised the US Sixth Fleet off the coast of Libya on hostile aerial and naval manoeuvres in preparation for yet another military attack exactly as the Reagan administration had done repeatedly throughout the 1980s. I convinced Colonel Gaddafi to let us sue the United States and the United Kingdom at the International Court of Justice (ICJ) in The Hague over the Lockerbie bombing allegations; to convene an emergency meeting of the World Court; and to request the Court to issue the international equivalent of temporary restraining orders against the United States and the United Kingdom that they not attack Libya again as they had done before. After we had filed these two World Court lawsuits, President Bush Senior ordered the Sixth Fleet to stand down. There was no military conflict between the United States and Libya. There was no war. No one died. A tribute to international law, the World Court, and their capacity for the peaceful settlement of international disputes. Pursuant to our World Court lawsuits, in February of 1998 the International Court of Justice rendered two Judgments against the United States and the United Kingdom that were overwhelmingly in favour of Libya on the technical jurisdictional and procedural elements involved in these two cases. It was obvious from reading these Judgments that at the end of the day Libya was going to win its World Court lawsuits against the United States and the United Kingdom over the substance of their Lockerbie bombing allegations. These drastically unfavourable World Court Judgments convinced the United States and the United Kingdom to offer a compromise proposal to Libya whereby the two Libyan nationals (Megrahi and Fhimah) accused by the US and the UK of perpetrating the Lockerbie bombing would be tried before a Scottish Court sitting (at Camp Zeist) in the Netherlands, the seat of the World Court. Justice was never done. This book tells the inside story of why not.
FBI criticism of Fab
On 28 March 2013, in an email exchange and in response to the accusation by Pik Botha that Nelson Mandela was responsible for the Lockerbie bombing, Buck Revell (former Associate Deputy Director-Investigations at the FBI) commented:
"This is pure nonsense. There was never any evidence or creditable information that Nelson Mandela or the ANC had anything whatsoever to do with the Pan Am Flight 103 bombing. Pik Botha was obviously attempting to use this terrible crime as political fodder for President P W Botha's illegitimate regime. Note that President Botha was forced out of office within weeks of the bombing!"
Signing himself Fab, Professor Boyle wrote:
To which the reply came:
- "Fab, Whatever else you are, you are either delusional or just plain ignorant. Buck Revell"
"Mr Boyle...you may be well educated, might even be a decent attorney and may even be intelligent but in this case you have no idea of what you are talking about. I doubt you spent one minute scouring the fields around Lockerbie looking for evidence or spent the three years many of us did who tried to find out what happened to Pan Am Flight 103 to bring justice for the victims. How much time did spend at Camp Zeist observing the trial? I suspect I know the answer. I imagine you have some bone to pick with the US Government but do not now or ever link actions of a Government with the work done by many of the dedicated people who do the everyday work. As an attorney I imagine you have spent time in court. For you to make a statement such as you did to Mr Revell without substance is absurd. In court...and I spent 31 years serving my country as an FBI agent so have been in a few....an attorney making such an ignorant statement such as you made...stating that the FBI helped 'manufacture the evidence' which implicated Libya. Who? The agency did not do it....you made the statement...who within the FBI? If you know so much tell us who manufactured the evidence and what evidence did this person manufacture. I suggest that before you make such wild and unprovable statements you just keep your mouth shut. For your information I know more about the evidence in this case than you will ever know. None of it was manufactured. What was found was submitted to an impartial panel of judges who saw merit in what they saw.. They convicted Mr Megrahi and, in my view, Libya. Again...please put up....names please....or just be quiet."
- "It is all in my book and it has already been reported in the Sunday Times. Everyone saw it in Scotland. Go back to your cover-up. No one believes you. Fab." And for good measure: "My book will be released in the UK in mid-April. Obviously, the US news media licks the boots of the FBI. But they will not in Scotland or Britain. Fab."
Richard Marquise returned to the charge:
- "OK— First, I think we all expected a better argument from a man who not only seems to have been well educated, and has what seems to be a responsible position in the academic world. As I understand your legal argument—
- You were never involved in the investigation
- You never attended the trial
- You have never seen any of the evidence
- The FBI 'manufactured' evidence because (according to your own words) 'it is all in my book and it has already been reported in the Sunday Times. Everybody saw it in Scotland.'
- You say the FBI manufactured the evidence but you have no names, no evidence (remember that is what is needed in court — I never went to law school but know that) — no nothing but "it has been reported in the news." Come on — this is the most ludicrous argument ever and you would be laughed out of court. But then, I would imagine you have never been in court; as I have been told — "those who can't do—teach, — and those who can't teach — teach gym." I hope you can sink a jump shot. You are clearly not a real lawyer — Harvard or not. If you are teaching your faulty logic to young people, our world is in a sad state. I think my four-year-old grandson can come up with a better response than "Go back to your cover-up — nobody believes you." I ask you again — Who, What and Why? Allegations are meaningless unless they can be proven and I guarantee you — no one in the FBI did or wanted to manufacture evidence — we followed what we found and presented the findings to a court — who found that the Libyans were responsible. I do not even intend to say another word about all the other things the Libyan Government has historically been responsible for as it would muddy the waters. They were not found guilty of the Lockerbie attack because of any other thing they may have done — they were found guilty because of the specific evidence in this case — again — none of which was manufactured by anybody. You are a sad character. Richard Marquise"
Professor Boyle again:
- "And by the way, in case you were not looking, no one in Scotland any longer believes these lies by the FBI. Why do you think the London Sunday Times published that article with my viewpoints and referencing my book and giving it all that publicity? Obviously, the FBI can get away with lies and cover-ups and manufactured evidence here in the USA media, and in US courts all the time. Par for the course. But not abroad. Fab."
And Buck Revell:
- "As an alleged 'professor of law' you should be aware of the law against libel. You are certainly engaged in such criminal activity when you accuse an entire agency and the agents and former agents of that agency of a criminal conspiracy without citing even a scintilla of supporting evidence. If you are a member of the Illinois Bar your conduct should be reviewed to determine if you are fit to be licensed to practise law, and those that you libel certainly have the ability to bring your misconduct to the appropriate courts. I hope that your students have at least some professors that know the difference between evidence and propaganda. Buck Revell"
For services to British justice
Patrick Haseldine (former British diplomat) intervened to say: "In case you can't bear to wait for the UK release of Prof Boyle's book to learn who fabricated the evidence in the Pan Am Flight 103 bombing case, I'm pleased to announce here and now the names of the three nefarious Lockerbie forensics:
- Alan Feraday of the Royal Armament Research and Development Establishment (RARDE) was the ringleader;
- Thomas Thurman of the FBI Crime Lab followed Mr Feraday's lead; and,
- Dr Thomas Hayes of RARDE was their accomplice.
For complementary information see 'Banning of Alan Feraday'."
On 31 March 2013, Professor Boyle concluded this exchange of emails saying: "Dear Patrick, Thank you for your comments. They were most appreciated. I see no point in my trading insults with the FBI. My book will speak for itself. Obviously, it will be completely censored out here in the United States. But I do hope that the people of Scotland and the people of Britain find it informative. As for Pik Botha, the Lawyer for the ANC was a friend of mine and I did some pro bono publico work for them. I could not imagine my friend and his client Nelson Mandela sanctioning such an atrocity as the targeting of UN Commissioner for Namibia, Bernt Carlsson, on Pan Am Flight 103. Fab."
Lockerbie: "Scots deserve the Truth"
Thanks for the summary. It was most appreciated.
If and when Scotland gets its Independent Statehood in the forthcoming referendum, I trust an Independent Scottish Government should be able to get to the bottom of what really happened at Lockerbie — both the bombing and the cover-up.
Certainly Scotland and the Scots deserve the Truth.
Francis A. Boyle (Law Building, 504 E. Pennsylvania Ave., Champaign, IL 61820, USA)
Email exchange with Dr Jim Swire
At the end of April 2013, Professor Boyle sent a signed copy of his book "Destroying Libya and World Order: The Three-Decade US Campaign to Reverse the Qaddafi Revolution" to Lockerbie campaigner Dr Jim Swire whose daughter, Flora, was killed on Pan Am Flight 103. Dr Swire emailed a 'thank you' to Prof Boyle, who replied:
- "The purpose of my writing that book was to set the record straight from my perspective after the 2011 US/NATO war against Libya. I owed it to Colonel Gaddafi, Libya, the Libyans, the victims of the Lockerbie Bombing, and their next-of-kin. If and when Scotland obtains independence in the forthcoming referendum, maybe we can get to the bottom of what really happened here:
- who did it; and,
- the cover-up."
"I suspect this entire Ukraine Crisis had been war-gamed and war planned quite some time ago at the highest levels of US/NATO. Notice DOD slipped 2 US warships into the Black Sea just before the Olympics under a patently absurd pretext. In other words, what we are seeing unfold here is a US/NATO War Plan. They instigated the fascist coup against Yanukovich. They anticipated that Putin would then respond by taking over Crimea.
"I suspect the US/NATO/EU response will be to introduce military forces into Western Ukraine and Kiev and thus make Ukraine a de facto member of NATO, which has been their objective all along. They have already anticipated what Putin’s next move after that will be. Notice also the massive anti-Russian campaign by the Western News Media working in lock-step with each other. Another sign that all this has been planned well in advance.
"I suspect that US/NATO/EU figure that Putin knows they have this offensive, first-strike strategic nuclear capability with a rudimentary ABM/BMD capability so that at the end of the day he will be forced to stand down—or else. Compellence as opposed to Deterrence. Just like during the Cuban Missile Crisis. That is where this US/NATO/EU War Plan is heading on the assumptions that they can keep their deliberate Escalation Dominance under their control and that at the end of the day Putin will be forced to stand down just like Khrushchev did and for the same reasons. That would leave US/NATO/EU in control of at least half of Ukraine as a de facto NATO member state."
A Document by Francis Boyle
|Title||Document type||Publication date||Subject(s)||Description|
|Document:Amnesty International: Imperialist Tool||Article||23 October 2012||Amnesty International|
Amnesty International USA
|Effectively, Amnesty International and AIUSA function as tools for the imperialist, colonial and genocidal policies of the United States, Britain, and Israel.|
- "Francis A. Boyle - Faculty". College of Law, University of Illinois. Champaign, IL, USA: University of Illinois College of Law. Archived from the original on 2012-07-22. Retrieved 2013-01-12. External link in
|work=(help)Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "plain text").
- "Destroying Libya and World Order: The Three-Decade U.S. Campaign to Terminate the Qaddafi Revolution"
- "Law Professor: Iran Should Sue U.S. in World Court to Stop Threats of Attack"
- "US Bio-warfare Laboratories In West Africa Are The Origins Of The Ebola Epidemic"
- "Prof Francis Boyle Reveals the Weaponization of Ebola"
- "Top Expert: Zika Virus a Bio Weapon" Mainstream media admits link between Zika, GMO mosquitos
- Boyle, Francis A. (2005). Biowarfare and Terrorism. Atlanta: Clarity Press. ISBN 978-0-932863-46-1
- Bernstein, Dennis (2002). "Interview: Amnesty on Jenin - Dennis Bernstein and Dr. Francis Boyle Discuss the Politics of Human Rights". Covert Action Quarterly. Archived from the original on 2009-08-05. Retrieved 2009-08-05.Page Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css must have content model "Sanitized CSS" for TemplateStyles (current model is "plain text").
- Dennis Bernstein, Interview with Francis Boyle, CovertAction Information Bulletin, 2002
- Law and Resistance: The Republic in Crisis and the People’s Response by Professor Francis A. Boyle, University of Illinois College of Law. Address given Tuesday, November 20, 2007, at the Lincoln Auditorium of Northwestern University School of Law.
- International Arrest Warrants Requested, January 19, 2010.
- Columbus Day Promotes Genocide by Francis Boyle, first published September 18, 1992, (retrieved on December 6, 2010 (posted on Countercurrents.org and on Social & Legal Commentary - USA at Australia.to/2010
- Restoration of the Independent Nation of Hawai'i Under International Law. Speech by Francis Boyle, Mable Smyth Hall, Honolulu, O'ahu, Hawai`i, December 28, 1993.
- Law expert Francis Boyle urges natives to take back Hawaii by Carolyn Lucas, West Hawaii Today, December 30, 2004.
- Queen of Hawaii demands independence from 'US occupiers' by Catherine Elsworth, The Telegraph, June 30, 2008.
- Chris Gelken "US lawyer seeks to sue US over Iran threats," Press TV (Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:41PM). Retrieved 25-10-2012.
- American Lawyer Says He'll Represent Iranian Regime if it Sues U.S., Special Report by Brit Hume, Fox News, July 29, 2008.
- "Francis Boyle on diplomacy through legal action"
- "US professor wants to represent Iran," Press TV (Fri May 9, 2008 2:46PM). Retrieved 25-10-2012.
- Francis A. Boyle, "US Promotes Israeli Genocide", Turkish Weekly (Saturday, 10 January 2009). Retrieved 25-10-2012.
- Michele Steinberg "Prof. Francis Boyle: Israel Is Committing Genocide," Scoop (Wednesday, 03 February 2010, 1:22 pm)
- Holocaust Denial From U.S. Professors: Academic Freedom? by Alex Joffe, Pajamas Media, (republished by the Institute for Jewish and Community Research), December 1, 2010.
- Prof. Francis Boyle: Israel Is Committing Genocide in Gaza by Michele Steinberg, Scoop News (New Zealand), February 3, 2010.
- Prof. Francis Boyle: The Impending Collapse of Israel in Palestine by Professor Francis A. Boyle (published in Veterans Today), October 1, 2010.
- Right of Return – Book Review by Ludwig Watzal, The Palestine Chronicle, (reprinted in Industry News), November 11, 2011.
- American Law Professor Francis Boyle: The British, Americans, and French Created Israel as a Jewish Bantustan to Dominate the Arab Region, MEMRI, Clip No. 2677 (transcript), October 26, 2010.
- Jewistan: Finally Recognizing Israel as the Jewish State, Abstract, Connections@Illinois (University of Illinois)
- Jewistan: Finally Recognizing Israel as the Jewish State by Francis Boyle, Thursday, 21 October 2010 05:43 (published on the website Australia.to/2010
- Jewistan: Finally Recognizing Israel as the Jewish State by Francis A Boyle, Atlantic Free Press, October 21, 2010.
- Response to Francis Boyle's Jewistan What Elephant? by Zahir Ebrahim, Salem-News.com, October 24, 2010.
- See also: Francis Boyle, The Palestinian Right of Return under International Law, Clarity Press, 2011. Chapter 3.5 "The State of the Jews—Jewistan!" and The Palestinian Right of Return Under International Law at Google Books.
- "Destroying Libya and World Order: The Three-Decade U.S. Campaign to Terminate the Qaddafi Revolution"
- "Justice was never done"
- "Lockerbie: we do know what didn't happen"
- "Ukraine was a playbook CIA coup d'état – Prof Francis Boyle"
- Document:Francis Boyle Interview - Published in Iran Review 6 April 2013
- Dennis Bernstein's interview with Francis Boyle
- Francis Boyle's Faculty Webpage
- Francis Boyle's statement on Hawaiian Independence
- Francis Boyle's interview with Bill O'Reilly
- Francis Boyle discusses the Bill O'Reilly interview and the War in Afghanistan
- Francis A. Boyle. Palestine, Palestinians and International Law, review of his book by Ghada Talhami, Arab Studies Quarterly (ASQ), Summer, 2003
- Radio interview by Robert W. McChesney on UIC
- Media Matters program December 23, 2007.
- "Interview with Professor Francis Boyle" (58 minutes), May 1, 2010. Peter B. Collins and Sibel Edmonds, interviewers.