Jump to navigation Jump to search
1890 < 1891 < 1892 < 1893 < 1894 < 1895 < 1896 <1897 < 1898 < 1899 < 1900 > 1901 > 1902 > 1903 > 1904 > 1905 > 1906 > 1907 > 1908 > 1909 > 1910
|( 1900s: ) 1900|
During the "siege" of the International Legations in Peking, the imperial Hanlin library is looted and burnt down, destroying thousands of precious Chinese books and manuscripts, some being the only copy.
In 1900 in the UK, the Fabian Society founded the Labour Party.
- January 2 - U.S. Secretary of State John Hay announces the Open Door Policy, to promote American trade with China.
- January 3 – The United States Census estimates the country's population to be about 70 million people.
- January 8 – President William McKinley of the United States places Alaska under military governance.
- January 27 – Boxer Rebellion: Foreign diplomats in Peking, Qing Dynasty China, demand that the Boxer rebels be disciplined.
- February 3 - Governor William Goebel of Kentucky dies of wounds after being shot by several assassins on January 30. Goebel, who had prevailed in a dispute over the winner of the election in November 1899, had been sworn in on his deathbed. The former Secretary of State of Kentucky Caleb Powers is later found guilty in the conspiracy to kill Goebel.
- February 5 – The United Kingdom and the United States sign a treaty for the building of a Central American shipping canal, across Central America in Nicaragua.
- February 27 - The British Labour Party is officially established, at a meeting in the Congregational Memorial Hall in London, and Ramsay MacDonald is appointed as its first secretary.
- February 27 - Second Boer War: British military leaders accept the unconditional notice of surrender from Boer General Piet Cronjé.
- March 5 – Two U.S. Navy cruisers are sent to Central America to protect American interests in a dispute between Nicaragua and Costa Rica.
- March 31 – In France, the length of a legal workday for women and children is limited to 11 hours.
- April 4 – An anarchist shoots at The Prince of Wales during his visit to Belgium.
- April 14 – The Exposition Universelle, a world's fair, opens in Paris.
- May 24 – Second Boer War: The British annex the Orange Free State, as the Orange River Colony.
- May 31 – Boxer Rebellion: "Peacekeepers" from various European countries arrive in China, where they join with Japanese forces.
- June 5 – Second Boer War: British soldiers take Pretoria.
- June 14 – The Reichstag approves the second of the German Naval Laws allowing expansion of the Imperial German Navy.
- June 20 – Boxer Rebellion: Boxers gather about 20,000 people near Peking, and kill hundreds of European citizens, including, after gross provocations from the diplomat, the German ambassador.
- July 23–25 – The First Pan-African Conference is held in London.
- July 29 – King Umberto I of Italy is assassinated by Italian-born anarchist Gaetano Bresci in Monza.
- August 14 – Boxer Rebellion: An international contingent of troops, under British command, invades Peking and relieves the diplomatic compound.
- September 12 – Admiral Fredrik von Otter becomes Prime Minister of Sweden.
- September 17 – Philippine–American War – Battle of Mabitac: Filipinos under Juan Cailles defeat the Americans, under Colonel Benjamin F. Cheatham.
- September 25 – In the British general election, the recently formed Labour Party gains two seats. Winston Churchill is also elected to Parliament for the first time.
- October 25 – The United Kingdom annexes the Transvaal.
- November 6 – U.S. presidential election, 1900: Republican incumbent William McKinley is reelected by defeating Democratic challenger William Jennings Bryan in a rematch.
- November 29 – Herbert Kitchener succeeds Frederick Roberts as commander-in-chief of the British forces in South Africa and implements a scorched earth strategy.<ref>
- Australasian prospector Albert Fuller Ellis identifies phosphate deposits on the Pacific Islands of Nauru and Banaba Island (Ocean Island).
- In New Haven, Connecticut, U.S., Louis Lassen of Louis' Lunch makes the first modern-day hamburger sandwich.
- The Indian Civil Service, which administers the Presidencies and provinces of British India, consists of fewer than 3,500 overwhelmingly European officials, with power over a native population of some 300 million.
|Dreyfus Affair||November 1894||1906|
|Labour Party||Political party||A UK political party which appears to have a leader independent of the establishment|
|US/Deep state||Deep state|
|The US deep state goes back centuries, but its modern configuration is fairly easily traced back to the 1963 coup which fused an alliance into a single coherent Cabal. Under the leadership of George H. W. Bush after the Watergate coup, the group became centered on the Bush family. It has been aggressively waging a "War On Terror" since 9-11 quickened the supranational deep state. In recent years it has lacked clear leadership and suffered leaks, infighting, short-termism & confusion about handling its increasingly public profile.|
|John Ruskin||8 February 1819||20 January 1900||Philosopher|
|Title||Born||Place of birth||Died||Summary||Description|
|Elizabeth Zarubina||1 January 1900||14 May 1987||Spook|
|Bjarne Braatoy||1900||US||1957||Spook||CIA operative who became Secretary-General of the Socialist International|
|Head of aluminum producer Alcoa 1960-1965. Bilderberg/1964|
|Harvey Hancock||2 January 1900||US|
|8 January 1996||Businessperson||Campaign manager for Richard Nixon's successful 1950 United States Senate race and then the 1952 general election won by Dwight D. Eisenhower and Nixon. Bohemian Grove.|
|Hede Massing||6 January 1900||Vienna||8 March 1981||Spook|
|Adlai Stevenson||5 February 1900||US|
|14 July 1965||Diplomat|
|Karl Blessing||5 February 1900||Enzweihingen||25 April 1971||Economist|
|A classic example of the intelligent, amoral Nazi technocrat that smoothly transitioned to the new West Germany.|
|Robert Boothby||12 February 1900||Scotland|
|16 July 1986||Politician|
Deep state operative
|British politician and UK deep state operative, Clermont Set, Bilderberg|
|Joseph Campbell||25 March 1900||21 June 1984||Accountant|
|Thomas Brand||30 March 1900||17 October 1965||Soldier|
|UK financier who attended the 1961 Bilderberg|
|Eric Warburg||15 April 1900||9 July 1990||Banker|
Deep state operative
|Roland Michener||19 April 1900||Canada|
|6 August 1991||Diplomat|
|Canadian who attended the 1961 and 1963 Bilderbergs|
|David Harold Byrd||24 April 1900||US|
|14 September 1986||Businessperson|
|Texas oilman with connection to LBJ, who made millions of dollars from the JFK assassination.|
|Gladwyn Jebb||25 April 1900||UK||24 October 1996||Diplomat|
|Holder of spooky jobs including UK Permanent Representative to the United Nations. Chief of the SOE during WW2.|
|Heinrich Müller||28 April 1900||Germany|
|Kenneth Keating||18 May 1900||New York|
|5 May 1975||Diplomat||Us ambassador to India and Israel|
|Clyde Tolson||22 May 1900||Missouri|
|14 April 1975||Spook||"Alter Ego" of his close friend FBI director J. Edgar Hoover|
|Franz Neumann||23 May 1900||Germany||2 September 1954||Spook|
|David Maxwell Fyfe||29 May 1900||Scotland|
|27 January 1967||Lawyer||Lord High Chancellor of Great Britain, Attorney General for England and Wales, Triple Bilderberg|
|Karl Mundt||3 June 1900||South Dakota|
|16 August 1974||Politician||U.S. congressman. Key proponent of establishing the propaganda sender Voice of America. Member of the House Un-American Activities Committee.|
|Frederick Hoyer Millar||6 June 1900||16 October 1989||Diplomat|
|John Milner Bailey||15 June 1900||East Grimstead||13 February 1946|
|Martin Bormann||17 June 1900||Germany|
|2 May 1945||A prominent official in Hitler's government with control over assets plundered by the Nazis. The official story says he died in Berlin in 1945, although this is disputed.|
|John Steelman||23 June 1900||US|
|14 July 1999||Bureaucracy||White House Chief of Staff for Harry S. Truman|
|Louis Mountbatten||25 June 1900||Windsor|
|27 August 1979||Mariner|
|A man "of extremely low morals" according to an FBI file. Mentor to Charles Windsor. Assassinated|
|Terence Airey||9 July 1900||Norfolk|
|26 March 1983||Spook|
|Early Bilderberg Steering committee. UK soldier|
|Maurice Dobb||24 July 1900||London||17 August 1976||Economist||Communist economist at Cambridge|
|Henry Tiarks||September 1900||1995||Financier||UK single Bilderberger financier of Schroders bank dynasty. Son of central banker and deep state actor Frank Tiarks. Attended the 1958 Bilderberg meeting.|
|Maxwell Knight||4 September 1900||London|
|27 January 1968||Spook|
|UK deep politician|
|Giuseppe Zangara||7 September 1900||20 March 1933||"Lone nut"|
|Isadore Blumenfield||8 September 1900||Romania|
|21 June 1981||Crime boss||Jewish-American gangster boss|
|Antonio Sanchez de Larragoiti||14 September 1900||Businessperson||Brazilian visitor to a 1970 meeting of Le Cercle|
|Paolo Rossi||15 September 1900||Italy|
|24 May 1985||Politician||President of Antimafia Commission, attended the first Bilderberg and the 1956 Bilderberg|
|Willem A. Visser 't Hooft||20 September 1900||4 July 1985||Theologian||Dutch theologian who became the first secretary general of the World Council of Churches. Single Bilderberger|
|J. C. King||5 October 1900||27 January 1977||Spook||CIA chief responsible for the Americas in the 1950s and 1960s, including arranging multiple coups and assassinations.|
|Ernst Georg Schneider||6 October 1900||Germany|
|22 September 1977||Businessperson||German businessman who attended 2 Bilderbergs in the 1950s|
|Heinrich Himmler||7 October 1900||Germany|
|23 May 1945||Agriculturist|
|Edward Stettinius||22 October 1900||31 October 1949||WW2 Secretary of State from corporate background|
|Henry S. Morgan||24 October 1900||London|
|8 February 1982||Banker|
|Hugh Scott||11 November 1900||US|
|21 July 1994||Politician|
|US senator who attended 2 Bilderbergs|
|Serafino Romualdi||18 November 1900||November 1967||Labor organiser|
|Jacques Georges-Picot||16 December 1900||Paris||1987||Financier||Single Bilderberg French financier. Director of French multinational corporation Suez 1957-1971.|
|Paul-Willem Segers||21 December 1900||Belgium|
|5 February 1983||Politician||Belgian politician|
|C. V. R. Schuyler||22 December 1900||New Jersey|
|4 December 1993||Soldier||Attended the 1958 Bilderberg as SHAPE/Chief of Staff|
|Tommy Corcoran||29 December 1900||Rhode Island|
|6 December 1981||Lawyer|