Jump to navigation Jump to search
1885 < 1886 < 1887 < 1888 < 1889 < 1890 < 1891 <1892 < 1893 < 1894 < 1895 > 1896 > 1897 > 1898 > 1899 > 1900 > 1901 > 1902 > 1903 > 1904 > 1905
|( 1890s: ) 1895|
In the 1895 case of Sparf v. United States written by Justice John Marshall Harlan, the United States Supreme Court held 5 to 4 that a trial judge has no responsibility to inform the jury of the right to nullify laws.
- January 5 – Dreyfus affair: French officer Alfred Dreyfus is stripped of his army rank, and sentenced to life imprisonment on Devil's Island.
- January 17 – Félix Faure is elected President of the French Republic, after the resignation of Jean Casimir-Perier.
- February 20 – The gold reserve of the U.S. Treasury is saved, when J. P. Morgan and the Rothschilds loan $65 million worth of gold to the United States government. The offering of syndicate bonds sells out only 22 minutes after the New York market opens, and just two hours after going on sale in London.
- February 20 – Venezuelan crisis of 1895: U.S. President Grover Cleveland signs into law a bill resulting from the proposition of House Resolution 252, by William Lindsay Scruggs and Congressman Leonidas Livingston, to the third session of the 53rd Congress of the United States of America. The bill recommends that Venezuela and Great Britain settle their dispute by arbitration.
- February 25 – The first rebellions take place, marking the start of the Cuban War of Independence.
- March 30 – Rudolf Diesel patents the Diesel engine in Germany.
- April 17 – The Treaty of Shimonoseki is signed between China and Japan. This marks the end of the First Sino-Japanese War, and the defeated Qing Empire is forced to renounce its claims on Korea, and to concede the southern portion of Fengtien province, Taiwan, and the Pescadores Islands to Japan. The huge indemnity exacted from China is used to establish the Yawata Iron and Steel Works in Japan.
- May 2 – Gongche Shangshu movement: Thousands of Beijing scholars and citizens protest against the Treaty of Shimonoseki.
- May 27 – In re Debs: The Supreme Court of the United States decides that the federal government has the right to regulate interstate commerce, legalizing the military suppression of the Pullman Strike.
- June 11 – Britain annexes Tongaland, between Zululand and Mozambique.
- June 20 – The Kiel Canal, connecting the North Sea to the Baltic across the base of the Jutland peninsula in Germany, is officially opened.
- June 20 – The Treaty of Amapala establishes the union of Nicaragua, Honduras and El Salvador (which ends in 1898).
- July 31 – The Basque Nationalist Party (Euzko Alderdi Jeltzalea-Partido Nacionalista Vasco) is founded, by Basque nationalist leader Sabino Arana.
- October 1 – French troops capture Antananarivo, Madagascar.
- October 8 – The Eulmi Incident: Empress Myeongseong of Korea is killed at her private residence within Gyeongbokgung Palace, by Japanese agents.
- November 27 – At the Swedish-Norwegian Club in Paris, Alfred Nobel signs his last will and testament, setting aside his estate to establish the Nobel Prize after his death.
- December 28 – Auguste and Louis Lumière display their first moving picture film in Paris.
- German trade unions have c. 270,000 members.
- Raiffeisen Cooperative Credit and Saving Bank, as predecessor of Rabo Bank, a multiple financial service on worldwide, founded in Netherlands.
|Dreyfus Affair||November 1894||1906|
|Aston University||Public||Formerly the Birmingham Municipal Technical School|
|University of Texas at Arlington||Research|
|Public research university in Arlington, Texas.|
|Title||Born||Died||Place of death||Summary|
|Friedrich Engels||28 November 1820||5 August 1895||London|
|Title||Born||Place of birth||Died||Summary||Description|
|J. Edgar Hoover||1 January 1895||US|
|2 May 1972||Deep politician|
|US Deep politician whose position as long time FBI head allowed him to make extensive use of sexual blackmail.|
|19 April 1984||Police officer|
|Frazar Wilde||1895||29 May 1985||Central banker|
|Pierre Quesnay||1895||8 September 1937||Banker||The first General Manager of the Bank for International Settlements.|
|Charles Arliotis||1895||Corfu||16 July 1981||Politician|
|Greek banker and Minister of Coordination. Bilderberg Steering committee member in the 1960s|
|Italian officer and spook who was involved in the establishment of Gladio|
|Count Folke Bernadotte||2 January 1895||Sweden|
|17 September 1948||A member of the Swedish Royal family appointed as UN Mediator in Palestine on 14 May 1948. He was assassinated by members of the Stern Gang on the orders of its then leader Yitzhak Shamir who would later become Prime minister of Israel. Nobody has ever been prosecuted for the killing.|
|Henry Neil Mallon||11 January 1895||1 March 1983||Deep politician|
|“surrogate uncle” to GHWB|
|Erik Boheman||19 January 1895||18 September 1979||Diplomat|
|Swedish diplomat, 4 Bilderbergs from 1958 to 1962. Some Wallenberg Sphere connections.|
|Ernst Friedlaender||4 February 1895||13 January 1973||Journalist||Strongly pro-EU German editor|
|V. J. Koningsberger||10 February 1895||Dutch East Indies|
|28 February 1966||Academic||Dutch academic who attended the first Bilderberg meeting|
|Dick Ellis||13 February 1895||Australia|
|5 July 1975||Spook|
|British intelligence officer who worked against the Soviet Union. Also at the British Security Coordination.|
|Ralph Cochrane||24 February 1895||Scotland|
|17 December 1977||Pilot||RAF Air Chief Marshal, Bilderberg|
|Matthew B. Ridgway||3 March 1895||United States|
|26 July 1993||Soldier|
|Douglas Reed||11 March 1895||26 August 1976||Author|
|Christian Herter||28 March 1895||France|
|30 December 1966||Politician||United States Secretary of State. Double Bilderberger|
|John J. McCloy||31 March 1895||Pennsylvania|
|11 March 1989||Diplomat|
|US deep politician, CFR Chair for 17 years, President of the World Bank ...|
|Clint Murchison Sr||11 April 1895||US|
|20 July 1969||Businessperson||Texas oil millionaire, loathed JFK.|
|Joseph Johnson||30 April 1895||1990||Deep state operative||Inaugural US secretary of the annual Bilderberg, Bilderberg Steering committee member.|
|George Perkins Jr||2 May 1895||11 January 1960||Diplomat||US diplomat who went to the first Bilderberg. US Permanent Representative to NATO in the 1950s|
|Fidél Pálffy||6 May 1895||2 March 1946||Politician||Hungarian agriculture minister, executed in 1946|
|Prescott Bush||15 May 1895||Ohio|
|8 October 1972||Politician|
|Bonesman father of the Bush family|
|Ralph Stevenson||16 May 1895||British Raj||23 June 1977||Diplomat||British diplomat with spook connections|
|John Hull||26 May 1895||United States|
|10 June 1975||Soldier|
|Eljas Erkko||1 June 1895||Finland|
|20 February 1965||Politician|
|As Foreign Minister, botched the negotiations with the Soviet Union before the Winter War. President of International Press Institute 1954-56|
|Eleanor Lansing Dulles||1 June 1895||New York|
|30 October 1996||Author|
|Sister of the Dulles brothers; heavily involved with the reconstruction effort in Austria and Germany; "the Mother of Berlin"|
|William Guy Carr||2 June 1895||Lancashire|
|2 October 1959||Author|
|Robert Cutler||12 June 1895||Boston|
|8 May 1974||Spook|
|Nahum Goldmann||10 July 1895||29 August 1982||President of the World Jewish Congress for 26 years|
|Walter Dornberger||6 September 1895||Germany|
|27 June 1980||Soldier|
|German rocket scientist recruited in Operation Paperclip despite use of slave labor.|
|Robert A. Lovett||14 September 1895||United States|
|7 May 1986||Deep state operative|
|John Diefenbaker||18 September 1895||16 August 1979||Politician||A Canadian PM who fought the Canadian Deep state. Toppled in regime change operation by the Kennedy administration in 1962/63.|
|P. J. Kapteyn||26 September 1895||27 September 1984||Politician|
|Attended two Bilderbergs in the 1950s.|
|Flora Solomon||28 September 1895||Russia|
|18 July 1984||Spook|
|Liaquat Ali Khan||1 October 1895||India|
|16 October 1951||Politician||Pakistan's first and longest serving Prime Minister, murdered Afghan nationalist, or according to some theories, by the USA in order to facilitate their access to oil.|
|Walter Bedell Smith||5 October 1895||Indianapolis|
|9 August 1961||Spook|
|Juan Perón||8 October 1895||Argentina|
|1 July 1974||Soldier|
|Levi Eshkol||25 October 1895||Russian Empire|
|26 February 1969||Politician|
|Ralph J. Canine||9 November 1895||Indiana|
|8 March 1969||Spook|
|First director of the National Security Agency.|
|George Saxe-Coburg-Gotha||14 December 1895||Norfolk|
|6 February 1952|
|George Estabrooks||16 December 1895||30 December 1973||Spook|
|A psychologist who assisted with MK Ultra and boasted of using hypnotism to create an assassin.|
|E. Roland Harriman||24 December 1895||New York||16 February 1978||Central banker||well connected Bonesman banker|