Not to be confused with "disinformation".
| "Misinformation" |
(Propaganda, COVID-19, enemy image, plastic language)
|Interest of||• Nighat Arif|
• Center for Countering Digital Hate
• Dangerous Speech Project
• Naz Durakoğlu
• First Draft
• Bill Gates
• Stop Funding Hate
Misinformation is false, inaccurate, or misleading information that is communicated regardless of an intention to deceive. Examples of misinformation are:
- false rumours
As a propaganda term it is used to label information or viewpoints that contradict the official narrative on any given topic, somewhat replacing "conspiracy theory".
Is an excuse to remove videos/posts on YouTube (and elsewhere) for challenging the consensus.
Joe Biden has declared war on "misinformation" on Facebook.
Instagram has fact check warnings on posts.
Misinformation kills people and is a great threat to humanity according to Joe Biden.
The corporate media insists that misinformation is a danger to children. It is commonly blamed on the alt-right, conspiracy theorists, Russian trolls etc.
The Wikipedia article; COVID-19 misinformation lists many "debunked" conspiracies. Rather from being independent, they admit that they work alongside the WHO for all reliable information. They also accuse certain countries of censoring Wikipedia, ie: countries that have dissented.
List of nations
Wikipedia keeps a list of "COVID-19 misinformation by governments". Most of the entries are from non-western nations.
- Argentina, president Alberto Fernández and health minister Ginés García
- Brazil, President Jair Bolsonaro
- Cambodia, Prime Minister Hun Sen
- Cuba, President Miguel Díaz Canel
- Iran, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei
- Madagascar, President Andry Rajoelina
- Mexico, President Andrés Manuel López Obrador
- North Korea
- Sweden, State Epidemiologist Anders Tegnell
- Tanzania, President John Magufuli
- United Kingdom
- United States, President Donald Trump
- Wuhan lab (lab leak)
- Canadian lab (National Microbiology Laboratory in Winnipeg)
- United States Government
- Population control: (Piers Corbyn was described as "dangerous" by physician and broadcaster Hilary Jones during their joint interview on Good Morning Britain in early September 2020. Corbyn described COVID-19 as a "psychological operation to close down the economy in the interests of mega-corporations" and stated "vaccines cause death")
- America and China
- National Center for Medical Intelligence
- Patient Zero
- Bat soup
- Lifetime of the coronavirus
Wikipedia praising themselves
In the article, there is a section discussing Wikipedia's media coverage of Wikipedia's COVID-19 articles. "The media have praised Wikipedia's coverage of COVID-19 and its combating the inclusion of misinformation through efforts led by the English-language Wikipedia's WikiProject Medicine, among other groups. From May 2020, Wikipedia's consensus for the COVID-19 pandemic page has been to "not mention the theory that the virus was accidentally leaked from a laboratory in the article. WHO began working with Wikipedia to provide much of its infographics and reports on COVID-19 to help fight misinformation, with plans to use similar approaches for fighting misinformation about other infectious diseases in the future."
They link to the Vaccine Confidence Project in the see also section.
|Michael Gunner||“The BS that’s flying around on the internet about the territory is coming from flogs outside the territory – mostly America, Canada and the UK,” Mr Gunner told a media conference on Thursday. People who have nothing better to do than make up lies about us because their own lives are so small and so sad. If anybody thinks we’re going to be distracted by tin foil hat-wearing tossers sitting in their parents’ basement in Florida – then you do not know us Territorians”||Michael Gunner||25 November 2021|
|Joy Reid||“Essentially, she made public her own vaccine deliberation, which according to trusted friends is a better way to describe vaccine hesitancy, which by the way is not the same thing as refusal. By doing, Nicki also used her social media platform and her 22 million Twitter followers to cast doubt on the vaccine to a heavily Black audience”||Joy Reid||14 September 2021|
|The Last American Vagabond||“They don't call it misinformation unless you are able to scientifically reference it.”||The Last American Vagabond||2021|
|Henry Wales||“In today’s world, we are so connected like a vast nervous system, whether we are online or not. And much like the virus, there are no borders online. So when vaccine misinformation and disinformation spreads, magnified on social media and in parts of traditional media, it exposes a collective threat to humanity. I believe that misinformation is a global humanitarian crisis, and the crisis is getting worse.”||Henry Wales|
|Document:Pro-Kremlin trolls infiltrating comments on news sites for major influence operation, research says||Article||6 September 2021||Deborah Haynes||A study at Cardiff University shows that "Pro-Kremlin trolls" are influencing opinion in the West by infiltrating the comments sections of news websites. Dissent from the Official Narrative? Must be Russian disinformation.|
|Document:Women's March petitions Jack Dorsey to ban Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene from Twitter||Article||14 August 2021||Libby Emmons||The leading American feminist organisation is pressuring Twitter to remove Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene from their platform. She stands accused of promoting "conspiracy theories" about COVID over her scepticism of Fauci. She has been censored before. How much longer is there before she is permanently banned?|
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20210505051632/https://reclaimthenet.org/prince-harry-vaccine-misinformation/
- ↑ https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57870778/
- ↑ https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/oct/27/daughter-bullied-school-covid-jab-government-campaign
- ↑ https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57870778
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_misinformation_by_governments
- ↑ https://chequeado.com/ultimas-noticias/alberto-fernandez-la-organizacion-mundial-de-la-salud-entre-las-cosas-que-recomienda-es-que-uno-tome-muchas-bebidas-calientes-porque-el-calor-mata-el-virus/
- ↑ https://www.independent.co.uk/news/piers-corbyn-gmb-dr-hilary-covid-hoax-fine-anti-lockdown-a9698441.html