Jump to navigation Jump to search
1945 < 1946 < 1947 < 1948 < 1949 < 1950 < 1951 <1952 < 1953 < 1954 < 1955 > 1956 > 1957 > 1958 > 1959 > 1960 > 1961 > 1962 > 1963 > 1964 > 1965
|( 1950s: ) 1955|
Atomic bomb testing in the Nevada desert.
- January 17 – Template:USS, the first nuclear-powered submarine, puts to sea for the first time, from Groton, Connecticut.
- January 22 – In the United States, The Pentagon announces a plan to develop intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs), armed with nuclear weapons.
- January 25 – The Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the Soviet Union announces the end of the war between the USSR and Germany, which began during World War II in 1941.
- January 28 – The United States Congress authorizes President Dwight D. Eisenhower to use force to protect Formosa from the People's Republic of China.
- February 9 – Apartheid in South Africa: 60,000 non-white residents of the Sophiatown suburb of Johannesburg are forcibly evicted.
- February 10 – The United States Seventh Fleet helps the Republic of China evacuate the Chinese Nationalist army and residents from the Tachen Islands to Taiwan.
- February 19 – The Southeast Asia Treaty Organization (SEATO) is established, at a meeting in Bangkok.
- February 24 – The Baghdad Pact (CENTO), originally known as Middle East Treaty Organization (METO), is signed between Iraq and Turkey.
- April 1 – EOKA starts a terrorist campaign against British rule in the Crown colony of Cyprus.
- April 6 – Anthony Eden becomes Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- April 12 – The Salk polio vaccine, having passed large-scale trials earlier in the United States, receives full approval by the Food and Drug Administration.
- April 17 – Imre Nagy, the communist Premier of Hungary, is ousted for being too moderate.
- April 18–April 24 – The Asian-African Conference is held in Bandung, Indonesia.
- May 5 – West Germany becomes a sovereign country, recognized by important Western countries such as France, the United Kingdom, Canada and the United States.
- May 6 – The Western European Union Charter becomes effective.
- May 14 – Eight Communist Bloc countries, including the Soviet Union, sign a mutual defence treaty in Warsaw, Poland, that is called the Warsaw Pact (it will be dissolved in 1991).
- May 15 – The Austrian State Treaty, which restores Austria's national sovereignty, is concluded between the 4 occupying powers following World War II (the United Kingdom, the United States, the Soviet Union, and France) and Austria, setting it up as a neutral country.
- June 26 – The Freedom Charter of the anti-apartheid South African Congress Alliance is adopted, at a Congress of the People in Kliptown.
- July 7 – The New Zealand Special Air Service is formed.
- July 18 – Illinois Governor William Stratton signs the Loyalty Oath Act, that mandates all public employees take a loyalty oath to the State of Illinois and the United States or lose their jobs.
- July 18–23 – Geneva Summit between the United States, Soviet Union, United Kingdom and France.
- July 27 – El Al Flight 402 from Vienna (Austria) to Tel Aviv, via Istanbul, is shot down over Bulgaria. All 58 passengers and crewmen aboard the Lockheed Constellation are killed.
- August 1 – The prototype Lockheed U-2 reconnaissance aircraft first flies, in Nevada.
- The First Sudanese Civil War begins.
- August 20 – Hundreds of people are killed in anti-French rioting in Morocco and Algeria.
- August 28 – Black 14-year-old Emmett Till is lynched and shot in the head for allegedly grabbing and threatening a white woman in Money, Mississippi; his white murderers, Roy Bryant and J. W. Milam, are acquitted by an all-white jury.
- September 6 – Istanbul pogrom: Istanbul's Greek minority is the target of a government-sponsored pogrom.
- September 18 – The United Kingdom formally annexes the uninhabited Atlantic island of Rockall.
- September 19–21 – President of Argentina Juan Perón is ousted in a military coup.
- October 4 – The Reverend Sun Myung Moon is released from prison in Seoul, South Korea.
- October 29 – Soviet battleship Novorossiysk explodes at moorings in Sevastopol Bay, killing 608 (the Soviet Union's worst naval disaster to date). Rumored to have been done by Italian frogmen.
- Official start date of the Vietnam War between the Democratic Republic of Vietnam and Republic of Vietnam; the north is allied with the Viet Cong.
- A time bomb explodes in the cargo hold of United Airlines Flight 629, a Douglas DC-6B, over Longmont, Colorado, killing all 39 passengers and 5 crew members on board.
- November 15 - Democratic Party of Japan and Japan Liberal Party were mergered, ruling Japan Liberal Democratic Party has active started.
- December 10 – 1955 Australian federal election: Robert Menzies' Liberal/Country Coalition Government is re-elected with a substantially increased majority, defeating the Labor Party led by H. V. Evatt. This election comes in the immediate aftermath of the devastating split in the Labor Party, which leads to the formation of the Democratic Labor Party. The DLP will preference against Labor, and keep the Coalition in office until 1972.
- Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Jordan, Laos, Libya, Nepal, Portugal, Romania, Spain, and Sri Lanka join the United Nations simultaneously, after several years of moratorium on admitting new members that began during the Korean War.
- General Motors becomes the first American corporation to make a profit of over 1 billion dollars in 1 year.
- Austria becomes independent, under terms of the May 15 Austrian State Treaty.
- World population: 2,755,823,000
- Africa: 246,746,000
- Asia: 1,541,947,000
- Europe: 575,184,000
- South America: 190,797,000
- North America: 186,884,000
- Oceania: 14,265,000
|Tuskegee syphilis experiment||1932||1972||A murderous experiment which looked at the progression of syphilis. Subjects were told that they were being treated, while in fact treatment was denied them. Exposed after 40 years by a whistleblower who went to the press.|
|Morgenthau Plan||16 September 1944||5 May 1955||Proposal to destroy or remove Germany's industrial base.|
|Ratline||1945||1960||Channels where by prominent Nazis were spirited out of Europe to South America.|
|Operation Paperclip||8 May 1945||1990||A transfer of top German scientists to USA.|
|Cold War||1947||26 September 1991||The official narrative had 2 diametrically opposed systems locked in combat with one another since soon after WW2. Each of the "superpowers" and its team of allies needed to outdo each other by creating ever more and deadlier weapons, creating a kind of perpetual war for perpetual peace, with the warring parties engaging mainly in covert/proxy wars. Deep state interests blossomed in the climate of fear and paranoia.|
|Operation Demagnetize||1948||1980||"The institutional hardening of Gladio", an expansion of Gladio in the late 1940s, early 1950s.|
|Project AERODYNAMIC||1949||1970||Program to provide funding and equipment for anti-Soviet resistance groups in Ukraine|
|Project Ulysses||1950||1968||Mossad covert operation to infiltrate and subvert the Palestinian political leadership|
|Lockheed/Bribery scandals||1950||1976||A series of bribes made by officials of the U.S. aerospace company Lockheed from the late 1950s to the 1970s in the process of negotiating the sale of aircraft.|
|Mau Mau Uprising||1952||1960||A Kenyan independence movement in the 1950s that faced brutal opposition by the UK.|
|Operation Midnight Climax||1953||1966||A "free-wheeling illicit criminal" CIA project which filmed the effects of prostitutes dosing up victims with drugs such as LSD.|
|Project MKUltra||13 April 1953||1964||An illegal mind control research programme.|
|Cuban Revolution||26 July 1953||1 January 1959|
|Algerian War||1 November 1954||19 March 1962||The Algerian War of Independence|
|Bandung Conference||1955||1955||Important conference for the global south; participants soon became prime targets for US foreign policy|
|Bilderberg/1955 March||18 March 1955||20 March 1955||The second Bilderberg meeting, held in France. Just 42 guests, fewer than any other.|
|Kashmir Princess||11 April 1955||11 April 1955||CIA/KMT assassination attempt on Chinese Premier Zhou Enlai on the way to the Bandung Conference.|
|Bilderberg/1955 September||23 September 1955||25 September 1955||The third Bilderberg, in West Germany. The subject of a report by Der Spiegel which inspired a heavy blackout of subsequent meetings.|
|Montgomery Bus Boycott||5 December 1955||20 December 1956|
|Harvey Mudd College||Military ranks|
|Private college in Claremont, California, focused on science and engineering.|
|Institute of Business Administration (Karachi)||Public university in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan.|
|General Atomics||Commercial||Part of the military-industrial complex, much more than nuclear.|
|Institute of Economic Affairs||Think tank|
|German Council on Foreign Relations||Think tank with deep state connections|
|South Vietnam||Nation state||US puppet state and location for most of the Vietnam War|
|European Coal and Steel Community||A step towards European Union|
|Bar-Ilan University||Public||Important Uni in Israel, deep state connections|
|University of Exeter||University in the South West of England|
|Kadıköy Maarif College||Prestigious high school in Istanbul|
|Chaminade University of Honolulu||Military ranks||Catholic university with 66% Asian/Pacific Islander students|
|Chase Manhattan||Predecessor institution to the current JPMorgan Chase. Rockefeller family.|
|The People's Temple||A cult started by Jim Jones for unclear reasons, possibly at the behest of the US Deep state|
|Toronto-Dominion Bank||One of the big 5 Canadian banks|
|ITV||Propaganda||British state media. Main rival of the BBC.|
|Action Committee for the United States of Europe||Although it had only about 100 members, the Committee enjoyed considerable influence|
A Group that was Wound Up
|Congress of Industrial Organisations|
|Title||Born||Place of birth||Died||Summary||Description|
|One of the founders of the Electronic Frontier Foundation|
|Perry Kucinich||1955||19 December 2007||9-11/Premature death||"Fell down dead six months after his brother Dennis Kucinich called for new 9/11 investigation and introduced a resolution to impeach Dick Cheney." His sister died a year later.|
|Deep state functionary|
|Canadian deep state functionary who as Governor of the Bank of Canada in March 2020 increased the money supply.|
|Joseph Clancy||1955||United States|
|Spook||Director of the United States Secret Service 2014-2017|
|Muharrem Kayhan||1955||Izmir||Businessperson||Chairman of TÜSIAD. Bilderberg 2000|
|Evan Greenberg||1955||US||Deep state operative|
|2nd generation multi-Bilderberger|
|Dmitri Trenin||1955||Soviet Union|
|Judy Boynton||January 1955|
|Diplomat||Attended the 2007 Bilderberg as US Ambassador to Turkey|
|Stephen J. Adler||1955||Journalist|
|editor-in-chief of Reuters, the source of most news, since 2011.|
|Eberhard Sandschneider||1955||Academic||German Asia expert|
|Francesco Starace||1955||Businessperson||Italian energy executive with heavy focus on phasing out coal plants, for Net Zero Carbon Cities.|
|Sherard Cowper-Coles||8 January 1955||London|
|Spooky UK diplomat|
|Anne Pringle||13 January 1955||Diplomat||UK diplomat to EU and Russia.|
|Con Coughlin||14 January 1955||Author|
|Foreign editor of the Daily Telegraph best known for receiving stories directly from MI6, including that Saddam Hussein could launch weapons of mass destruction in 45 minutes.|
|Pietro Parolin||17 January 1955||Italy|
|Religious leader||Catholic Cardinal and Vatican Secretary of State|
|Neil Bush||22 January 1955||Texas|
|John Jenkins||26 January 1955||Diplomat||UK diplomat with several deep state positions|
|John G. Roberts||27 January 1955||New York|
|Nicolas Sarkozy||28 January 1955||France|
Deep state operative
|French deep state operative charged with "criminal association"|
|Melanie Johnson||5 February 1955||Ipswich|
|Left her post as UK Minister for Public Health in May 2005, and in March 2006 joined the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry.|
|James Stavridis||15 February 1955||United States|
West Palm Beach
|Bob Wieckowski||18 February 1955||Politician|
|“The police power of the state...has absolute authority to force that person (even adults) to get the vaccination...We undervalue our power–the state police power. If we believe that children are being harmed, we go into this domain of family rights, which are not absolute, and my question is: maybe we are not going far enough?”|
|Bob Kerslake||28 February 1955||Head of the UK Home Civil Service 2012-2014|
|Thomas Thune Andersen||March 1955||Banker|
|Danish Bilderberg banker businessman|
|John-Reier Martinsen||3 March 1955||1 February 1986||Activist|
|Friedbert Pflüger||6 March 1955||Politician||German politician|
|Marta Dassù||8 March 1955||Politician|
Deep state operative
|Deep state connected general director of the international activities of Aspen Institute Italy. NATO, Trilateral Commission, European Council on Foreign Relations, International Institute for Strategic Studies...|
|Søren-Peter Olesen||13 March 1955||Academic|
|Former member of the Board of Directors of The Carlsberg Foundation|
|Cynthia McKinney||17 March 1955||Georgia|
|American politician who did question the official narrative of 9/11 early on.|
|William Hones||17 March 1955|
|Ole Petter Ottersen||17 March 1955||Kongsberg||Researcher|
|Bilderberg physician promoting COVID jabs|
|Jean-Bernard Lévy||18 March 1955||France|
|Christian Perronne||19 March 1955||Doctor|
|Former leader of the French vaccine committee on the High Council on Public Health. A fervent and well informed COVID dissident.|
|Paul Gallagher||20 March 1955||Kerry|
|Lawyer||Attorney General of Ireland, 5 Bilderbergs|
|Jair Bolsonaro||21 March 1955||Politician||President of Brazil who publicly refused a COVID-19 jab and suggested that the virus may have been intentionally created and released.|
|Mariano Rajoy||27 March 1955||Spain|
Santiago de Compostela
|Stephen Lynch||31 March 1955||Politician|
|Philip Dimitrov||31 March 1955||Bulgaria|
|Politician||Prime Minister of Bulgaria 1991-1992. Ambassador to the United States 1998-2002.|
|Birger Magnus||8 April 1955||Businessperson||Norwegian businessman and media executive.|
|Ron Johnson||8 April 1955||US|
|Politician||Wisconsin's Republican Senator|
|Fabian Hamilton||12 April 1955||London|
|Neoconservative Labour MP appointed by Jeremy Corbyn to be Shadow Minister for Peace and Disarmament.|
|Dodi Fayed||15 April 1955||Egypt|
|31 August 1997||Producer|
|Patricia Barbizet||17 April 1955||France|
|Businessperson||Prominent figure in the French business world|
|Amschel Rothschild||18 April 1955||France|
|8 July 1996||Businessperson|
|A hung banker|
|Eric Schmidt||27 April 1955||US|
|Former CEO og Google, a.k.a Alphabet Inc.|
|... further results|